VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Re: Any reasons why I shouldn't squeeze some bottle love on the VR? (brotherzvr6)

dude that bought my ol vr juiced it..... ran low 14's all the time @ bandi, blew the motor after two seasons
but who cares it was fast while it last.
i personally think why not, my current car had "NAWS"
by previous owner.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Any reasons why I shouldn't squeeze some bottle love on the VR? (Abtitude)

did you blow the motor because of the bottle? Or because of something else?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Re: Any reasons why I shouldn't squeeze some bottle love on the VR? (brotherzvr6)

i didn't, but dude that bought my old vr did.
blew it taking off the line @ bandi last season's import drag.
i'm sure it has something to do with nos.
DO IT!

my current vr doesn't have it but it had one when craig had it.

Modified by Abtitude at 7:31 AM 7-4-2003

·
Banned
1,483 Posts

Big reason not to shoot ....................Its fun.nitrous is great on a vr6 i have had everything from a 50-75-90-100-150shot the 100 and the 150 were funf for the short short time it lasted i am running 90wet on my vr right now and its taking everything in my power not to go fill my bottle right now

Do it!
start at a 50 and work up but dont go over 100 w/o going direct port

i have had my wet system on this motor for 6 months and fill bottles twice a week (friday and sat. nights) and cars still running strong off the bottle.

Modified by vwfastg60 at 1:36 PM 7-4-2003

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Any reasons why I shouldn't squeeze some bottle love on the VR? (vwfastg60)

Cant run a wet kit without Direct Port on a Mk4.
Some say you can, but the intake manifold is too complicated. You will puddle.. (thats been proven many times..)
If it were me: Direct port 125hp shot, stand alone TEC ignition managment with PC interfacing and Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind.
how it all works:
RPM -- Nitrous -- Timing Retarding
4200 -- 25% -- 0
4800 -- 50% -- 3
5200 -- 75% -- 5
5600 -- 100% -- 10
Run that all the way to about 6500. I studied a dyno plot of a car built by Autothority.. that was similiar to what i have said, ran a 12.6 in NY.

Modified by 1BadAzzVR6 at 1:04 PM 7-4-2003

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Re: Any reasons why I shouldn't squeeze some bottle love on the VR? (1BadAzzVR6)

Well not sure if anyone here recallsit, but Matt from O-Bars.com brought his shaved Mk3 Jetta to VWOTG year before last and burnt a valve on the way up here. It lasted ALMOST all the way back to his house but he had to tow it about 50 miles or so.
He showed us some pics of the piston and it was BAD!!!!
This was caused by nitrous use, and I am no expert, but someone told me this was quite common on the VR when mixed with nawz.... damn that is a funny word!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: Any reasons why I shouldn't squeeze some bottle love on the VR? (719 GLI)

i blew mine up after one shot. have your compression and leak down checked first.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: Any reasons why I shouldn't squeeze some bottle love on the VR? (ricefluf)

Quote, originally posted by ricefluf »
i blew mine up after one shot. have your compression and leak down checked first.
WERD!!! Although he has a 2003. I'm sure that he will be fine. Good idea for a car that is not THAT new though.
I researched it a bit with my last car. It would be different w/ a 2003 VR due to the gearing ratios, but I was told not to spray in 1st and 5th gears. Again, that is if you want to be really safe. And it makes sense if you think about it cause the VR is pretty easy to get out of the whole, so spraying in 1st would be pretty pointless. And 5th gear would wrap out WAY too quickly, making your car run much hotter than normal. And that ain't good for the thin walls of the VR. My old car would run hot as is!!!
Also keep in mind that everyone has a horror story about n2o. BUT...if you are smart about things, you will have a great time. Let us see some dyno #s when you, if you do it. I never ended up purchasing my kit (damn 20th
) but I wish I would have. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Any reasons why I shouldn't squeeze some bottle love on the VR? (SLC GTI VR6)

When adding nitrous.. the motor tends to rap out quickly.
But even if you had 5.10 gears.. you can still use nitrous. The nitrous mastermind from Jacobs ignition works wonders! I believe there is a chaeper version of it made by Crane.. but the Jacobs has been proven in NHRA cars.
Of course making sure your motor/car is top notch condition before introducing her to nitrous is always a plus. Also, invest in colder spark plugs right away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts