VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seen and Haynes- or Chilton-type manuals out there yet for our beloved children? Always a good thing to have with any car. Dunno, they're probably too new...

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Re: Any repair manuals out there yet? (mcparrella)

good question, I think Bentley may have this already since it has been out in Europe and the UK for a while. Definitely want one!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Re: Any repair manuals out there yet? (95GLX)

I'm anxiously awaiting the Bentley CD-ROM version that works with VAG-COM...

Mike

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Re: Any repair manuals out there yet? (mec_vw)

Bentley doesn't list a manual for the R32 yet.
I don't know how long it takes to put one of these sevice manuals together. I'm guessing quite a while.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Re: Any repair manuals out there yet? (DiscoStu)

Andy at Ross-Tech told me Bentley cd should be out in about 6 months.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Re: Any repair manuals out there yet? (jessla)

I wonder how long after the cd rom version comes out they roll the print copy out.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: Any repair manuals out there yet? (mcparrella)

The R32 is not considered a separate, stand alone model by Volkswagen. In terms of RM info, it is a Golf.
The mechanical bits unique to the R32 (body panels, engine, suspension etc.) are integrated into the regular Golf/Jetta RM used by US/CDN Dealers (VESIS). It does not make sense to publish a separate "R32 RM" because most of the Golf content would be duplicated.
It looks like RBI will simply follow suit and update the R32 contents into their Golf/Jetta consumer CDs/books once VWoA gives them the green light.
Those really serious about using current US Dealer RM info (like corner garages and specialty shops) should subscribe to VWAG's EPA Repair Info compliant website, erWIN:
https://erwin.volkswagen.de/index.jsp
Cheers,
J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts