VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (LowRiderVR)

My best so far is [email protected] with a 2.27 60ft. I have a Quaife but it's not in the car yet, good low suspension, Kcd Tranny mount, almost stock exhaust--Bosal--and no spare tire, that's it. The Quaife should be good for at least 2 or 3 tenths if not way more..Going to stage 2 and 3 in my opinion would definately get any Vr6 regardless of weight into the 13's easily and with more weight reduction, 12's for sure. I'm extremely happy with the driveability of my car and it get's the same gas mileage unless I go over 3000rpm or drive it hard, then it just devours your money..Hope this convinces you to do it.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (vr66)

Quote, originally posted by vr66 »
The Quaife should be good for at least 2 or 3 tenths if not way more..

Don't get your hopes up buddy.. The quaife will only help you not grenade your stock differential. In drag racing the only good the quaife does is so you can run slicks or radials without blowing the shiz out of your transmission, it doesn't help traction 'that much'.. In auto-x, now thats a different story....

·
Registered
303 Posts

Here's a link.
Pretty impressive, and with better 60ft times I'd bet he be pullin mid 13s no problem. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (ElWapo973)

yea my best so far is a 13.753 @ 101 2.192 60' weight was around 2950 and drag radials
pulled a 13.8 with a 2.3 60' and bald kumhos weight was 2815 with me in it. According to the calculations yada yada im looking at around a 13.5 at least.
Mind you this is with the stock diff so my burns outs hardly heat up both radials in the burn out box.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (VR6 Mole)

MunkyBoy---If an ATB (automatic torque biasing) differential can't or won't bring my 60ft's down to 1.9, then tell me why everyone sees this great of an improvment over stock when using an ATB. I know quite a few people with them and they have all seen much lower 60fts on street tires alone, somewhere in the area of 3 tenths, which directly affects your outcome at the 1/4.

Modified by vr66 at 9:14 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

I have never understood why supercharged VR6's make such good power, but more often then not, they do not perform well in 1/4 mile drag racing.
I have always thought of S/C VR's as very dependable highway performers, and a good choice of forced induction for a 'daily driver' vehicle.
Are there any 'serious' drag racers out there that run Superchargers on their VR6?

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (VR6BOPER)

well with a supercharger full boost isnt achived until redline. on a turbo full boost is at like 4500 or whatever so with a turbo you are running at full boost for alot longer time. I redline 11psi and when i shift it drops to 6psi to build up to 11 and so on.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (VR6 Mole)

The first time I had ever run a 1/4 was at Waterwagons last year. I had a stock diff and a worn stock clutch and Kumho 712 tires
I had a 60' of 2.68 ran a 14.0 @ 105MPH..
This year I have a new kevlar clutch a LSD diff and more power so if I can get some practice and get the 60' times down I should see better times I hope.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (Scooter98144)

I have a friend with a supercharger Vr @ 7psi (watching boost gauge) thats the only mod and exhaust... and with slick. run 12.9 @ 107!

Modified by Vw_Power at 10:54 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (Vw_Power)

Quote, originally posted by Vw_Power »
I have a friend with a supercharger Vr @ 5psi thats the only mod and exhaust... and with slick. run 12.9 @ 107!

doubt it

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vr66 »
MunkyBoy---If an ATB (automatic torque biasing) differential can't or won't bring my 60ft's down to 1.9, then tell me why everyone sees this great of an improvment over stock when using an ATB. I know quite a few people with them and they have all seen much lower 60fts on street tires alone, somewhere in the area of 3 tenths, which directly affects your outcome at the 1/4.

Modified by vr66 at 9:14 PM 5-19-2004

The best 60' i've ever seen on street tires was a 2.0, and funny enough it was with the stock diff.. i've NEVER seen a case where a LSD actually dropped someones 60', if you can prove me wrong go right ahead, and please feel free because i honestly would like to see it.. The only way i can see it helping is if someone had a weird tire/wheel setup that was prone to spin only one wheel all the time.. Even when I do burn outs (dry ground) i leave 2 wheels marks
Not trying to be an as$hole but I honestly can't see how distributing a few extra % of power to the other wheel can drop a tenth in your 60', let alone 3 tenths

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (Vw_Power)

Quote, originally posted by Vw_Power »
I have a friend with a supercharger Vr @ 5psi thats the only mod and exhaust... and with slick. run 12.9 @ 107!

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (QuickA2)

It's all good. I have a friend that runs 11's with a 1981 Corolla with intake.

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (REMUS (13))

Quote, originally posted by REMUS (13) »
It's all good. I have a friend that runs 11's with a 1981 Corolla with intake.

Is that mofongo power

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (QuickA2)

MUNKYBOY---I don't do any burnouts before leaving the line, and the left fender on my car behind the wheel is always covered in melted tire. A stock dif on a vr6, and most other front drive cars without lsd's will spin one tire only, and thus transmit the power to one tire only, until you get grip. The whole point of a lsd is to overcome this. The power will be bounced back and forth between the two tires as they lose grip and gain it again...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

ok, you don' t have to believe me, but ask around.. You will see the most benefit of a LSD in the twisties, and minimal difference in 1/4mile times.. Again, if you want to prove me wrong please do, but we're both stating things we don't know first hand so theres no use arguing http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Also, I was under the understanding that a LSD was kind of like a posi for the front end? It didn't really make sense to me because I thought that it would steer weird when you were turning if both tires were moving the same speed?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: Any superchargered vr6's with quarter times? (MunKyBoy)

Good point, I'm gonna wait 'till it's in and see what happens on the track.....

·
Registered
2,783 Posts

I think you may both be right. If you do a run and get a bad lane that has less traction on one side than the other then a diff will help. But if you get the good lane and traction is the same on each side of the car then an open diff will work just as well.
But a LSD diff will not HURT your times and helps in so many other ways..
Just depends on what you want from your car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts