VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in tokyo march 2nd-11th and was wondering if anyone knows of any car shows or events in tokyo that would be cool for me to go to.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im on GP, but those folks seem to be MASSIVE A88HOLES. Ill give it a shot again though.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Hope you all are OK after the earthquake and tsunami!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hope you all are OK after the earthquake and tsunami!!
Thanks for your concern!
I live in an area that was pretty much not affected by the quake or tsunami.
I started a thread a few minutes ago for those of us in Japan to check in. Also, I post ed the video that I recorded shortly after feeling the quake (almost exactly 24 hours ago).

Regards,

ChadinJapan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not in Tokyo yet, but should be moving to Yokota AFB soon. Trying to find more stuff about VW in japan. I would assume it's not that big there.
you would be wrong. I left 2 hours before the quake and i can tell you. ALOT of pre mk4 (III, II, I) golfs and alot of mk6. phaetons, cc's, siroccos. I was quite surprised. Also, if youre into ramen, on the top floor of that 8 story store in akiba (i dont know the name but it should be fairly easy to find) in the NW corner there is a restaurant that sells "painful Ramen." IMO it is the single greatest meal i have ever had.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
ALOT of pre mk4 (III, II, I) golfs and alot of mk6. phaetons, cc's, siroccos. I was quite surprised..
Someones gotta help me find a MK2 or MK1 pre 1988. I'm around Fussa and i haven't seen one!! Nothing but nissans and toyotas. Hardly anything older than 92...it's weird.

Are these prices typical? $12,000 for a 88 Scirocco, $20,000 for a MK1 golf?!?!? WTF

Used volkswagens pre-88 in japan

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
im glad to see some people in tokyo on a volkswagen website. QUESTION!!! Im looking for TWO jobs in tokyo, either general work or photography jobs or videography , would prefer to live with someone OR in asakusa OR somewhere cheap. 2 jobs please. If anyone, ANYONE knows of ANYTHING! My friend and I are prepared to start in early jan of 2012. We both speak a small amount of japanese and are willing to work any available schedule. If your company has an opening we are willing to work! PM me or reply to post please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not in Tokyo yet, but should be moving to Yokota AFB soon. Trying to find more stuff about VW in japan. I would assume it's not that big there.
Did you ever make it to Yokota. I'm about 5km from the Fussa Gate on the other side of Tama River.
Big car meet @ Fuji on 23 Oct.

Sent via SoftBank iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was at Yokota back in July to late October. I'll be back again in early may.

For those around the west side of tokyo, you will thank me for this!!

Spinning Garage

Also, anyone interested in buying a 1984 Toyota Corrola Levin, let me know. I'll be selling mine to get a VW again :)
i would love one stateside... im still working on getting to japan...

Did you ever make it to Yokota. I'm about 5km from the Fussa Gate on the other side of Tama River.
Big car meet @ Fuji on 23 Oct.
Could it be this meet? One of the best vimeo vids ive ever seen...
HellaFlush Japan from iPhilms on Vimeo.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm here~

I've been in Yokosuka for about a year and some change with my stg2+ K04 MKV GTI. If you're familiar with Japan's cell system hit me up: [email protected]

I know a few nice spots and some wonderful people from some great companies. Cheers!:beer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.