VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on with the Stage 1 Jeremy? Inquiring minds want to know. Have any final decisions been made on parts and price?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: Any updates on Matrix stage 1 Jeremy? (I am Jack's VR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]What's going on with the Stage 1 Jeremy? Inquiring minds want to know. Have any final decisions been made on parts and price?[HR][/HR]​
You know I browse around here, don't you?

Stage 1 for the OBD 1 car is basically finished. The owner is going to take the car away and have some fun with it once his EGT gauge shows up.
I believe he's going to bring it back (soon hopefully) for stage 2.

We'll have the Mk3 stage 1 and 2 cars back on our dyne very shortly.

The Mk4 is being prepped for the stage 1, then the stage 2 kit.....then it goes on the dyne as well.

Our website is supposed to be updated this week with the new pricing, which is:
Mk3/Corrado
Matrix OBD I/II VR6 Turbo Kit $3495
Matrix OBD I/II Stg II VR6 Turbo Kit $4895
Matrix OBD I/II Stg III VR6 Turbo Kit $5995
Mk4
Matrix OBD II Stg I VR6 Turbo Kit $3895
Matrix OBD II Stg II VR6 Turbo Kit $5295
Matrix OBD II Stg III VR6 Turbo Kit $6395
I wish I could give a FOR SURE date of release, but this is how it is: The kits will NOT ship out until EVERYTHING is perfect. It is just how we work. Our name and reputation are on the line with everything that we sell or manufacture. We sincerely appreciate your patience in waiting for our kits but our business ethics are such that if something takes a week longer to perfect or if something needs some extra tweaking, then that's a week longer that we'll have to wait in shipping them out. We hope that makes sense.

HTH for now.

Feel free to email me privately as well.

Best regards,
Jeremy

·
Registered
2,912 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Thanks! I'll keep an eye on the site.
BTW - How does one go about becoming a test mule for turbo kits?[HR][/HR]​

You have to be in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Re: Any updates on Matrix stage 1 Jeremy? ([email protected])

If the stage I price is going up $500 and the others are remaining the same, will the upgrade price decrease?
I'm sure if you kept the stage 1 price the same and raised the upgrades slightly, you'd get more initial buyers.. And due to the addictiveness of FI, you know they'll come back for the upgrades after saving up

kinda like selling crack!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: Any updates on Matrix stage 1 Jeremy? (Soren)

quote:[HR][/HR]If the stage I price is going up $500 and the others are remaining the same, will the upgrade price decrease?
I'm sure if you kept the stage 1 price the same and raised the upgrades slightly, you'd get more initial buyers.. And due to the addictiveness of FI, you know they'll come back for the upgrades after saving up

kinda like selling crack!
[HR][/HR]​
Soren,
We have since changed the components of our kits around a little. We basically moved the larger injectors and a few other items from stage 2 to 1. The stage 1 kit is$3495, stage 2 remains at $4895(although the upgrade cost from stage 1 to 2 is now cheaper) and stage 3 remains at $5995.
HTH,
Jeremy

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

thats awesome, you guys seem to have all your bases covered http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Whenever I get a freakin job again I'll have to head your way...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: Any updates on Matrix stage 1 Jeremy? (Soren)

quote:[HR][/HR]thats awesome, you guys seem to have all your bases covered http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Whenever I get a freakin job again I'll have to head your way...[HR][/HR]​
Thanks! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: Any updates on Matrix stage 1 Jeremy? (QuickBlackGTi)

quote:[HR][/HR]Jeremy
how is the cam testing coming on the car? Any other type of info on the perferred cam for your stage II setup? Thx
Brian[HR][/HR]​
Brian,
We tested the 248s in our OBD 1 stage 1 test car and they made good power(we'll post the dyno sheets on our site) but we think the DSR 256 118s and the 264/260s will make better power. We'll see soon enough.
HTH,
Jeremy

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: Any updates on Matrix stage 1 Jeremy? (carbonVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Jeremy,
will the stage 1 come with an intercooler, or is that still an upgrade to a stage 2?
Thanks in advance[HR][/HR]​
Patrick,
Stage 1 is non-intercooled. A FMIC is part of the stage 2 package.

HTH,
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]We tested the 248s in our OBD 1 stage 1 test car and they made good power(we'll post the dyno sheets on our site) but we think the DSR 256 118s and the 264/260s will make better power. We'll see soon enough.
HTH,
Jeremy[HR][/HR]​
I want to give my car a kick in the arse until I can save up enough for the Stage 1. What cam setup does Matrix recommend and the most important question, why? Specifics would be great {especially for the 264/260 setup}.
Oh yeah, thank for answering all of these questions Jeremy! Matrix rules!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I want to give my car a kick in the arse until I can save up enough for the Stage 1. What cam setup does Matrix recommend and the most important question, why? Specifics would be great {especially for the 264/260 setup}.
Oh yeah, thank for answering all of these questions Jeremy! Matrix rules![HR][/HR]​

Ian,
Either the DSR 256 118s or the 264/260s. You know us---we'll have dyno tests to prove which one is better. However, I just received word that our OBD 1 stage 1 customer isn't going stage 2 for a month--maybe less. At that time we'll dyno the 256s and 264/260s. Sorry for the wait....
You're very welcome BTW.
See ya.
Jeremy

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

[email protected]: That is good news that the Vr6 turbo applications are almost over.

I sent you an email couple weeks ago asking about the turbo application for the 2.0 L and you told me you would probably finish the development after the vr6's turbos are over. Is it still true ??? Basically, you only need to finish the development of the chip , rigth??

[Modified by vento 95 GL, 11:52 PM 2-13-2002]

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: Any updates on Matrix stage 1 Jeremy? (vento 95 GL)

quote:[HR][/HR][email protected]: That is good news that the Vr6 turbo applications are almost over.

I sent you an email couple weeks ago asking about the turbo application for the 2.0 L and you told me you would probably finish the development after the vr6's turbos are over. Is it still true ??? Basically, you only need to finish the development of the chip , rigth??

[Modified by vento 95 GL, 11:52 PM 2-13-2002][HR][/HR]​

We might. Depends if the desire is there for the kits.
Yes and no---depends if we change the kits around like we did with the VR6 kits.
HTH,
Jeremy

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
We might. Depends if the desire is there for the kits.
Yes and no---depends if we change the kits around like we did with the VR6 kits.
HTH,
Jeremy[HR][/HR]​
ok thanks for the update Jeremy!!! By the way, the desire is there !!!

You just have to release them!!! People like to see the product with their own eyes and results before buying. I think that is fair , right??

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Re: Any updates on Matrix stage 1 Jeremy? (vento 95 GL)

quote:[HR][/HR]ok thanks for the update Jeremy!!! By the way, the desire is there !!!

You just have to release them!!! People like to see the product with their own eyes and results before buying. I think that is fair , right?? [HR][/HR]​
I hear you....however, we were still offering a COMPLETE 8V turbo kit w/ our GIAC custom software for under $1700 IIRC and 10 or 11 people said they'd do it---when it came time for the deposit, we only had 7 checks....
We'll see.......
Jeremy

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
I hear you....however, we were still offering a COMPLETE 8V turbo kit w/ our GIAC custom software for under $1700 IIRC and 10 or 11 people said they'd do it---when it came time for the deposit, we only had 7 checks....
We'll see.......
Jeremy[HR][/HR]​
I hear you man!! That is the result of people talking bullsh*t!!! They commit without having the money!!! I think it's sad because it was a heck of a deal , especially what you were offering. Anyways keep us posted if you decide to do it. One thing I know is that if you release it, you will be taking a large part of the market in the 2.0L segment. A lot of people go with the Neuspeed supercharger because it's a complete kit. You could have a lot of those potencial customers by releasing the kit because it will be a slap it on and ride without needing tuning, kind of like Mosselman turbo systems in europe. That's what I like.
take care !!!! and Happy Valentine's day
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 27 Posts