VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there even a such thing as a mkIII (in particular) plastic model, I would love to see this
if any has a link, post it up
maNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: any vw's out there (PineappleMonkey)

great site, I still didn't see a MKIII I realise this is not a prestigious car to be making models of, but I would love a mini replica of my car!

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: any vw's out there (latazyo)

Unfortunately, nobody has done a model kit of a Jetta III(or Mk. 2 for that matter). Fujimi did a kit of a Golf III. If you're good with scratchbuilding, you can morph the Golf into a Jetta. Other than that, you're SOL. It wouldn't be easy, but I've got the Golf III kit, and I can tell you it's a good starting point. Maybe if you have an interesting VW model trade in mind, I can part with my Golf.......maybe?

·
Banned
158 Posts
Re: any vw's out there (maximus_manx)

I would be, but I dont' have any to offer, is that one that you have avail to purchase anywhere?
unfortunately thse are not pupluar plastic models I could imagine, all I find around here are classics, corvettes and exotics

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: any vw's out there (oiler17)

sorry for the confusion, oiler17 was me replying on my little brother's computer, kind of forgot about autologin

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: any vw's out there (oiler17)

I'm pretty sure the Fujimi Mk. III Golf has been discontinued for a while, but an obscure shop somewhere may have one stashed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: any vw's out there (maximus_manx)

DAMN, this is my new project, locating one for a good price and buying it and building it

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Re: any vw's out there (latazyo)

I have the 1/43 Jetta III in black that used to match my old Jetta. Think they're available in green and brown too....but haven't seen any plastic models of them.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: any vw's out there (ShortBus)

[QUOTEbut haven't seen any plastic models of them.[/QUOTE]
See my post from above......There never was a plastic model kit of a Jetta III. That's why you've never seen one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts