VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done the power sunroof mod to my car. I like it and it was relatively straightforward to do. What I want to know is is there any way to get a power tilt and slide sunroof. I like the ability to tilt my sunroof open to vent my car, even when it is raining. Anybody done this or have any ideas on how to do it let me know.
Thanks ina dvance

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Re: Anybody done a power tilt and slide sunroof???? (GolfBaller)

If you can take your old one out and put it back in, you should be able to do this fine. I just finished this one a few weeks ago. I've got pics, I've just been too lazy/busy to do the write-up for my site.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Re: Anybody done a power tilt and slide sunroof???? (89GLI16V)

had this setup for a while, but for some reason the sunroof headlinder slowed the motor down too much, so i tossed it.
maybe you'll have better luck... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Premium Member
18,143 Posts
Re: Anybody done a power tilt and slide sunroof???? (zen)

Can you use the Audi 4000 motor with the stock MK2 sunroof/rails and achieve the tilt feature????

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Re: Anybody done a power tilt and slide sunroof???? (The Red Baron)

No, you need the whole sunroof assembly, including the exterior panel. You can also use a Mk 2 scirocco panel for a manual tilt and slide. For power, you can use an audi 4000, 5000, 80, or 90.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.