VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: Anybody got new wheels on yet? post pics and sizes ([email protected])

...and make it a sticky, as so many people are asking for wheel info (size, width, offset, etc), and the few pics that are out there don't have much info, and they're hard to find through searching.
I'll start. They're technically OEM, but they're 18x7.5 et 51.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: Anybody got new wheels on yet? post pics and sizes (AU-297)

Quote, originally posted by AU-297 »
I love those wheels!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
How have they been for cleaning???

Easiest wheel to clean from VAG, ever... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
...just wish they weren't cement blocks... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Re: Anybody got new wheels on yet? post pics and sizes ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
Just trying to get an idea of what size wheels are looking like, post the size (include the width and offset) and some pics

You won't get much help here. Sadly, I have YET to see an American (Jetta only since Golf/GTI aren't yet available) car with a decent set of aftermarket wheels on it...that are wider than 8.5 inches.
That one Golf/GTI from Europe with the lambo doors and the Kinesis K19R wheels (it was red-ish with some black) is one of the few good looing wheel combos I've seen on a MK5 yet.
I haven't seen anything hardcore stateside yet... It very well may be a while too since the GTI isn't coming out until next year.
Edit: These were still posted in an old post of mine... This is NOT the same car that I described above, but is similar. I'll see if I can find the car described above.

Edit: Here's the car described above...however, as you can see it no longer has the (what I consider to be the much nicer looking) Kinsesis K19R wheels on it. They were hot:

Modified by Dextrose at 1:02 PM 12-2-2005

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anybody got new wheels on yet? post pics and sizes (hiegear2)

thats why i'm posting. havent seen really anything. its all because VW decided to go with this high offset wheel... everything that is out there now is going to stick out too far. hopefully the wheel manufactures will get on the ball and start cranking out some wheels that fit the mk5's

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Re: Anybody got new wheels on yet? post pics and sizes (dieselgirl)

I love the GTi wheels and the white Jetta. I have a white Jetta also and wanted to put the Audi Fat Five wheels on it. Only problem is the Jettas bolt pattern is 5 x 112 and the Audi Fat 5's are 5 x 100. I was looking at wheel adapters, but if people are having problems with offset already, I'm not sure if I can get it to work. Anybody want to P-Chop the above white Jetta with the wheels below?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Re: Anybody got new wheels on yet? post pics and sizes (Dextrose)

Quote, originally posted by Dextrose »

That one Golf/GTI from Europe with the lambo doors and the Kinesis K19R wheels (it was red-ish with some black) is one of the few good looing wheel combos I've seen on a MK5 yet.

Here you go!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Re: Anybody got new wheels on yet? post pics and sizes (v_dj_w)

Quote, originally posted by v_dj_w »
The "lambo" doors don't cut it for me, neither does that look of that ride.
Call me crazy but its to much for my taste

This thread isn't about "that" (lambo doors not cutting it for you)
Man this place sucks azz sometimes. Everytime that car gets posted people start crying...
Anyway, back ON TOPIC...the wheels on that car rox0r. They're also hella wide in the rear. That's what I personally call a bit more hardcore at least in terms of wheels...and it's probably a bit more along the lines of what the original poster was inquiring about.
Sorry, but anyone can throw 8 or 8.5 in on... However, those wheels (the Kinesis pictured) appear to be substantially wider than 8.5 out back...not to mention they're super high quality. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,511 Posts

Quote, originally posted by dieselgirl »
Not that I have noticed and I'm in his car quite a bit. I will double check with him about the size.....but I'm pretty sure they are the 18x8 (I know they are for sure 18") . It rides very nice and handles awesome.

They really look awesome http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote, originally posted by dieselgirl »

I know.... I want them so bad I can taste it. Thankfully my boyfriend is kind enough that he says he would be more than willing to trade wheels with me every so often once I get my summer/spring tires

Like he will ever get the Evos off my car

At first I had 10mm spacers on the rear wheels to get the staggered effect. It looked awsome, but I ended up taking them out because they rubbed when I took a hard turn or hit a bump.

Modified by GTIHun at 6:05 PM 12-2-2005

·
Registered
11,346 Posts
Re: Anybody got new wheels on yet? post pics and sizes (Nurendra)

Here are the wheels I just got rid of - 17X8 ET35 (225/45/17 all around)

I have these wheels in the basement ready for next year in 17X8 (fronts) and 17X9 (Rears)
And for all of you offset junkies they are ET60!!!
but will be spaced out to fit perfectly!!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.