VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Banned
9,259 Posts
2 x HPI RS4 Mini Pros, 1 x Tamiya Mini Cooper (the original chassis, forgot the number now), Tamiya Stadium Blitzer, Tamiya Stadium Thunder, spare parts to rebuild every car, batteries, chargers, tyres etc etc. All adds up.

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Re: (Langers)

i have one tuned HPI Rs4-3 .12 nitro.
its pretty sik but needs a new front diff, youll be driving full throttle and all of a sudden the crown will slip from the pinion and it becomes rear wheel drive oversteers and rolls 16 times ripping the extractor off the head/block...
happen once and almost wrote the wjole thing off...
i think my car does just over 100kmph...
spent bout 1900 all up, exhaust, aftermarket nova piston, i boared the carb, pimped supension, carbon brake, slicks, hightorque ball bearing servos, hardcore temperature glowie/s.
wish i wasnt so strapped for cash and id get it up and running again.....
damn my mk1..
if anyone can be bothered hosting ill send pics http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by mk1 golf at 5:13 AM 9-11-2005

· Registered
1,738 Posts
Re: (black TDi)

thats amusing....
yeah battery ones are sick, i wish owned one, but for my first one i wanted the nitromethane sound.... i estimate that my engine revs to about 26000 my god it sounds awsome at WOT
it makes over 2 ps.... yes ive had it on the dyno
j/k
but out of the box the engine makes 1.7ps and with all my mod im sure its over.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
when i get back from europe im gonna fix it and make a video.

· Registered
130 Posts
Re: (Robinoz)

Quote, originally posted by Robinoz »
I used to hava Tamiya 959 with technigold in my younger days. Now my son has an australian r/c car...

One of the best old school tamiyas (i have the celica still) pity they totally stuffed up the front suspension design!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.