VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I saw a flash on/near MacArthur Ave on the way to Georgetown from Mount Vernon. The speed limit is 25, and I was driving 60. Does anybody know if there is a camera there, or the flash was something else? And if I really got caught, how much is it speeding ticket in DC under my situation.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Re: Anybody know if there is a camera on/near MacArthur blvd in mount vernon? (la_mondotte)

i got one about a year ago in my truck on central ave near the stadium, i think the limit was 35 and i was doing 50 something. i dont know the locations of the cameras but i can tell you this, my ticket was $100 no points, they even send you a color pic and a close up of your tag when they send you the fine.

in my opion, speed cameras ftw. just a fine (unless something has been changed), no court, no cops, just send in a check and thats it

·
Banned
2,487 Posts
Re: Anybody know if there is a camera on/near MacArthur blvd in mount vernon? (la_mondotte)

theres speed cameras all over DC now. and IIRC they dont have flashes anymore due to it being a distraction to drivers. I just know not to speed in DC ne more

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Re: Anybody know if there is a camera on/near MacArthur blvd in mount vernon? (NineThings)

On MacArther there are no stand still cameras but there are car mounted ones. Usually unmarked cars (crown vics) are parked at the end of parking spaces along MacArther. When you come off of MacArther at the Lab School towards Gtown making the right along the reservior, there is a stand still camera right behind a big tree trunk. Look for the sensors on the pavement. You can only see it if you've passed it or heading the opposite direction. Hopefully this helps.

Modified by Louletano at 4:30 PM 11-2-2006

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

At MacArthur Blvd & Reservoir Rd there are mounted speed cameras. Not sure if they are active, but my wife works at Sibley & last got a ticket 6 mos ago. Check your speed when you go thru that particular section, you'll notice a series of white line markers on the road.
Someone mentioned parked cruisers w/cameras as well. I've been tagged with those as well. They are usually parked between Loughboro Rd & Arizona Ave on MacArthur Blvd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts