VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Re: Anybody using a 60/40 kit on their Cabrio? (91cabster)

Quote, originally posted by 91cabster »
That car looks badass..That's exactly the stance I want, but with a 2.0 I wonder if it will sit a little higher in front...

Well like I said I got the VR6 springs, so I'm sure if you get the 2.0 springs it will sit as it should. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: Anybody using a 60/40 kit on their Cabrio? (DaveLinger)

thats what i have on mine. but 2.0.... but mine still sits alil lower in the rear... due to the stero stuff back there...
will post pics when i get home, am at school now and photo bucket wont seem to load

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Re: Anybody using a 60/40 kit on their Cabrio? (GoinTopless02)

ImageShack is having a tough time loading, hopefully the pics will show. If not, I will host them elsewhere.
Rear shock has multiple grooves for spring perch, so you can adjust to taste.
Supersport 60/40 kit with stock wheels:

with BBS wheels:

Modified by john1552 at 2:15 PM 11-1-2007

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Re: Anybody using a 60/40 kit on their Cabrio? (91cabster)

Quote, originally posted by 91cabster »
That helps alot! Does the ride suck. Did you get the Cabrio specific kit like what Rapid Parts offers, or did you get a MkIII VR6 kit? Thanks...

I got the mkIII VR6 60/40 Springs - the ride is fine in combination with Bilstein Sport struts. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Re: Anybody using a 60/40 kit on their Cabrio? (DaveLinger)

The ride on the Supersport kit is soft compared to other suspensions I have used, especially coilovers (H&R, KW, and Bilstein). On the way to H2O, a friend riding next to me mentioned how the suspension did a lot of movement over bumps on the highway. Meaning, it wasn't transferring the bumps to the body. But that's also why my ET13 wheels with 195/45 tires rub badly in the rear. The rear is tucked most of the time riding on the highway.
The pictures above were taken right after installation. The suspension settled a little after a week or so.
If you are not going to use a low-offset wheel/tire setup, you shouldn't have much problem rubbing except the front fender liners when turning sharp.

Modified by john1552 at 7:23 AM 11-5-2007

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.