VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was checking out the site( www.dmshocks.com and theses things are monsters. they have apps for vw's and i was curious if any of you do or have ran these. sure would solve the maine back roads blown strut problem.

sorry for those who don't know thats drummond motorsports. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by lashboy, 6:38 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Re: anybody using/have experience w/ dms coilovers.. (baur323)

they are the ultimate coil IMHO for serious abuse/serious use. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
if money weren't an issue i'd have a set on my VW right now. they ROCK! can't say it enough. thrashing them was easy.. the rest of the car usually doesn't seem to hold up as well as the monster coils do
they're BIG, they're BEEFY, they ride AWESOME!!! and they just plumb RULE!! no beter coil for the money in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Re: anybody using/have experience w/ dms coilovers.. (TurboC)

rallispec also carries them, they're out of cherry hill New Jersey i beleive, i've got a LOT of stuff from them in the past and never had one bad experiance. great guys over there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
that or mike sheilds at spd tuning. or just go straight through Dave Clark @ DMS USA with any questions. he's very knowledgeable and a very nice guy to deal with. the 50mm kit is 3400-3800 and the 40's are around 2G's or so.. i can't remember the exact price, but they have fitments for A2's, A3's, and A4's IIRC, not sure about the first gen's though sorry. and the 60mm's only have fitments IIRC for the EVO and Impreza platforms being imported at this point i do beleive, besides those suckers will set you back what it costs to buy a pre-preped car .. like an RX7 or a 323 GTX

[Modified by Gary C, 4:10 PM 5-31-2002]

[Modified by Gary C, 4:11 PM 5-31-2002]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Re: anybody using/have experience w/ dms coilovers.. (Gary C)

I've seen cars break before the DMS's. At Dryad in March a rear strut on a 323 tore through the strut tower and then dropped onto the disc brake and broke it into 3 peices. They spent the evening swapping the suspension into another car so that they could race the next day. The team that I codrive for just put the 'little' 50mm struts onto a 94 integra GSR and now it has a bunch of dents in fenders from people trying to feeling the suspension. There is more give in the sheet metal than in the suspension
I haven't ridden in the car yet because the tranny is out but I guess it doesn't ride too bad (for a race car). Talk to the guys at cascadeautosport.com. The last time I was in their shop they said that they were going to put DMS's into a rabbit. Something about welded in camber plates, shorter pistons, and Mk2 steering knuckles. And the gold series (the street coils) list on one website that I looked at for $1800 but I think through Dave Clark they will be a little lower, but I don't know if it would be much.
Jason

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: anybody using/have experience w/ dms coilovers.. (Jason4)

if there is a way to drop dms's into a mkI let me know. holy crap those things rock. i would happily trade my co-drivers left arm for a set of those!! or, more importently, a set for a 85 subaru gl. i'll get the meat cleaver if you get the shocks!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.