VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to replace the front brakes on my car, and I cant seem to get the calipers to fit back on with the new pads, and brake discs. I'm wondering if there's a trick, does anybody know one? So far I've replaced the brake discs, and I've installed new pads. All the parts I bought from Discount Imports so I'm sure I got the right pieces. In case you're wondering I've pused the piston back into the caliper as far as it will go with a set of channel locks, but there's still not enough room to clear the new pads. Did I get the wrong pads??

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK I just figured out what the problem is, DISCOUNT SOLD ME THE WRONG PARTS!!!
They sold me brake pads for a non GTI rabbit, so the pads are too thick. WTF?? I thought these guys were experts.... This just really pisses me off, cause I basically wasted my whole day yesterday trying to get these things to fit. Now I'm going to have to take time off work tomorrow just to see if they'll exchange these fuggin POS pads for the right ones!!!

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Re: (Hammer_Man)

Quote, originally posted by Hammer_Man »
OK I just figured out what the problem is, DISCOUNT SOLD ME THE WRONG PARTS!!!
They sold me brake pads for a non GTI rabbit, so the pads are too thick. WTF?? I thought these guys were experts.... This just really pisses me off, cause I basically wasted my whole day yesterday trying to get these things to fit. Now I'm going to have to take time off work tomorrow just to see if they'll exchange these fuggin POS pads for the right ones!!!

you never worked for auto shop obviously. This everyday routine.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Euro VW: You assume too much. I've worked for quite a few shops...
R45vt: I used to work for Herzog, and contrary to what most of you think they have some very good people behind their parts counter. I also believe some of their techs are the best in the business.
I'm sure most of you would've loved to spend your Saturday afternoon trying to get a set of brake pads to fit on your car, only to find out they were the wrong parts!! Now my car is sitting out on my driveway without brakes. On top of that I'm going to have to take time off of work just get the parts I should've had in the first place. Yah, no big deal there...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.