VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a built 8V turbo motor into my Cabriolet. It does have a generic 2.25" cat back system from a getto shop that's already installed and welding to the crappy OEM downpipe which in turn is welding to the crappy manifold (yes, it broke so I had it all welded). The turbo kit has a Calloway downpipe and would like to just bolt it to a cat. I'm doing the whole conversion in a parking lot so obioviosly it's not going to be on a lift. This is where the problems lie or just alot of useless man hours. When I pull the old motor out I have to hack saw or torch the downpipe off (taking off a 20 year old manifold that's going in the trash is a joke) I have to drop the turbo motor in. Get measurements and bends and flanges and welds and etc. just to get the Calloway downpipe sealed to the gettoshop cat back that isn't even tuned. KEEP IN MIND, IF I DID IT THIS WAY I WOULD HAVE TO SQUEEZE UNDERTHERE IN A PARKING LOT ON MY BACK WITH A TOURCH. I don't want to mess with the Calloway downpipe, it's a peice of gold. I would rather buy a tuned Techtonics Tunning 2.25" catback system and toss the getto. Will the Calloway downpipe reach the TT catback system?Bolt up? Clearences? Experince? Thanx, Dub-On!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.