VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone driven one yet? I am thinking of leasing one while I am at school, and I was wondering what the drawbacks are. Anyone see this as a "girl car"?
I personally like the looks, I heard it is quick, and it is affordable. I am looking for honest opinions from anyone who has driven/seen one and has useful feedback.

·
Registered
23,280 Posts
Re: Anyone drive a Suzuki Aerio? (SCHLEPPN)

Personally i find the car kind of intriging, it has 140 Hp I really dont mind the looks of it, and its going to be availible with AWD soon, I'll probably check it out sometime just to see what its lik, also i bet you could get some pretty good deals, because suzuki would like ot seel/lease a few Im betting, since alot of people dont know the car exists

·
Registered
17,292 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Hmm, after some more research, the wagon is getting more praise.
Should I get the 5-speed if I get the wagon? [HR][/HR]​
What kind of question is that
?
Of course get a 5-speed!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Re: Anyone drive a Suzuki Aerio? (VarLordahl)

Well Ive seen a few on the road, they look nice and everything but I wouldnt want to get one(especially a station wagon) if I was a student.
What are your other choices??

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Re: Anyone drive a Suzuki Aerio? (2lowA4)

I drove the Wagon (SX). It was tolerable. Spacious, but not much fun. Interior was cheap, I didn't like the tiny digital speedo. Well equipped for price.
But frankly, for 15k, either get a base Toyota Matrix or a Protege 5. The Aerio isn't a bad car, it's just pointless when there are better cars for the money.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Re: Anyone drive a Suzuki Aerio? (David Votoupal)

They can build it, but it doesn't mean customers should come! Suzuki really should have tried to build something exciting and different. Mazda, Subaru, and Nissan seem to have learned that building wannabe Toyotas and Hondas doesn't work. There needs to be a differentiator. The Aerio doesn't have it (the SX is a wagon, but now everyone has a wagon too).
quote:[HR][/HR]Then again, the whole car's raison d'etre is to provide at least some sort of car for Suzuki in that segment.[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
6,149 Posts

I think its one of the uggliest cars in the world

Here in Israel it is a subject of many jokes...
It looks like they gave a kid draw up what he thinks is a car....ahhh the proportions of that thing, the overhangs, with the high profile and narrowness of the car... just hidious.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Re: Anyone drive a Suzuki Aerio? (Brad Jar)

For that kind of money, the Focus seems the much better car. And while the Aerio may have more horsepower (140 vs 13), its also heavier (~2700lbs!)
Also, a used 2000 GTI 1.8T would be in that range quite nicely. In fact in the 15k range there are a ton of cars, and for a few grand more you can get into cars like the SVT focus, and Sentra SE-R

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.