VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On top of the past 3 days of my road being frozen, and not having to go to work, my car has been in the body shop for over a week and a half. I'm starting to go crazy !
No car , and Ice make adam a dull boy. No car , and Ice make adam a dull boy. No car , and Ice make adam a dull boy. No car , and Ice make adam a dull boy. No car , and Ice make adam a dull boy. No car , and Ice make adam a dull boy.
anyone else getting the itch to get out of the hosue

· Banned
5,459 Posts
Re: Anyone else getting Cabin FeveR ? (~ Cartman ~)

we've got over 12 inches of snow roads suck now its freezing rain outside. I've worked everyday this week unfortunately. I cannot get my car out of the driveway even after shoveling most of the snow out of it. Thank god i have a old beat up 4x4 as the backup plan!

· Registered
3 old cars
3,083 Posts
Re: Anyone else getting Cabin FeveR ? (Herumtreiber)

No joke, I tried getting down my hill today and spent 45 minutes just trying to get my car back into my garage. An approximate distance of about 75 feet.
I love the snow, but this ice is junk.
I kept some though to show people what we had. 6" of snow over 1" of frozen snow, over 1/2" of solid ice.

I can't wait to go back to work.

· Registered
5,922 Posts
Re: Anyone else getting Cabin FeveR ? (Spyder_01)

I'm in the furthest east stretch of Portland before it turns into Gresham/Fairview area near the columbia Gorge so we haven't thawed 1 tiny bit. Still a solid sheet of ice over deep snow.
They don't plow our street and we don't have any chains so we've been here since Monday. We won't be able to get out till probably tomorrow night at the earliest because it stays below freezing.
I can't stand it anymore. Need to get out..........

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Re: Anyone else getting Cabin FeveR ? (MkIII)

I too tried to go to work today and got stuck in my driveway.... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
damn snow and ice, this stuff sucks.... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Re: Anyone else getting Cabin FeveR ? (Spyder_01)

yeah, even when you can get out though there hasn't been much to do. i think i've taken my car out every day so far, at least just for a little (ha ha, had to go try some backwards cookies tonight! fun times) because i couldn't stand being inside. but even when you get out, everything is closed or closed early so you always wind up back at home. that sucks. ha ha, you try to get out and get away and you wind up back where you started, staring at the computer, refreshing the screen to see if anyone else is up this late or all tired out from posting all day since everyone's been stuck inside

· Registered
765 Posts
i've been out driving over 100 miles a day
in this crap delivering pizza.
my chains finally blew out lastnight as a matter of fact.
they had about 1000 miles on em in one week.
thank god it froze up a few nights back.
it split the radiator in my rocco.
(not ENOUGH antifreeze)

so i went to work in my beater 89 tercel
and got 2 blocks from the house on the
way to work and some purple/pink
civic smeared his front end into the
super industrial near volvo grade urethane rear bumper
of my yota at a stop light.
i saw him comin and floored it,
but just a sec too late.
you know how many inconsiderate bums order pizza in this weather?
it's ridiculous.
they cant get out their driveway, yet they want someone
to drive near up skyline, on some back ass squirrly road
with 30-40 degree grades, and they STILL have over a foot up there!
sheesh.
but the flatlander common folk have been tipping well! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.