VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my first road trip last weekend in my new-to-me 2010 Tiguan. At speeds over 70mph, there is a quite loud buzzing noise from the front of the roof area. It sounds like 2 pieces of metal are slapping together at a very high rate of speed. I can't for the life of me figure out what it could be. It is really, really annoying. So much so, that I may take another car for my NYC to Florida trip next month. I'd really like to take the Tiguan though... Anyone have any ideas? I know the dealer will not take this complaint seriously, so I'm not even going to waste my time.

I have the panoramic roof - it all seems tight and has no rattles whatsoever. There are no loose moldings, no gaps in the windshield molding. The roof rails appear to be tight, however the front of the right one is slightly raised off of the roof surface. I was going to try to tighten it somehow, but don't know how to even access the screws that hold it down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is something wrong and I would take it to the dealer to have it checked out. I have the Panoramic roof as well and in my area the highway speeds are always 80mph and I have no noise at all.

Point out the roof rack as that may be the issue.

Finding noises can be quite tricky. If you have someone else drive and you sit in different spots you may be able to pinpoint the source of the noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.