VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go to the grocery store, the mall, resturants, or even the laundry mat and I purposely park away from others to avoid parking lot digs. I'll park in the back of a lot and walk just to keep others away from me. But somehow or an other there always spawns another dub next to me by the time I come out, sometimes two or three...
Am I the only one that experiences this?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (Road_Ralley)

Oh yeah, happen's all the time to me at kroger's, not alway's VW's, sometime's just "A" hole's, who seem to just do it, because they thing I'm too good to park with the crowd, wrong!, it's because I'm tired of all the putze's that graduated from the fred flintstone school of door opening, and dinging the heck out of the side of my corrado

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (Road_Ralley)

I used to park my C sideways when I used to work at Circuit City taking up two spaces to avoid this, but it was far away from everyone. One night when I came out my whole car was silly stringed
I flipped out in front of everyone and started peeling it all off. At the time it looked like it was staining my paint, but I went rifgt home to wash it, and it was all good. But now I don't drive my C everyday just b/c of A holes. But friend had it worse he had his C parked the same way at his work and his drivesides got keyed and they lefta note on his car, I forget what it said.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (jkcorradovr6)

Usually it's just the ashoolio's... (long story, sorry)
three years ago, i parked in the middle of nowhere in a uncrowded lot at the grocery store near my house Weekday, middle of the morning)... when i come out there is a brand new suburban next to me and i'm like
It didn't even have plates on it yet it was so new.
I get in my car and i notice that my passenger side mirror housing has moved a bit (we all know that while it can move, it doesn't "just happen").
I get out to reset it, and theres this big divot in my door right on the horizontal bend in the sheet metal (you know the one, where a rub strip would do good, but would look hidious).
I am standing there looking at it and all the real estate around me in disbelief. How could this son of a motherless fu.. (to quote Corrado Sopprano http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif ) have chosen to park right the f next to me in a sea of open spots and then hit my car...
Then this woman comes along and she says "yea, and then he was mad because he chipped the paint on the end of his door when he did it. He was talking on his phone, whacked your car, and stood there shouting obscenities because he chipped HIS door hitting you..."
I thanked her, and told her to move along, nothing to see here, and sat for a moment thinking about what i would do.
I was in a private lot, the police would do nothing (i know this from previous encounters). If i wait for him and kick his azz, he will turn out to be a lawyer and a black belt...
Then i remembered... I was doing a side job a few days earlier and i had some tools still ion the car, including my cordless drill.
So i chucked up the largest bit I had, which wasn't quite 3/8", but close... and drilled a vent hole in the middle of his door. Then i thought, if i go higher, i could get through the leather covered inner panel, so i gave it a friend higher up.
It makes having to look at the ding (it's really more than a ding, it's darn near a dent) in my door a little easier. I still haven't had it fixed as the whole car really needs to be done at once...
I'm not normally that type of person, but i don't even regret doing it at all. not in the least.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (YetiMan)

Ahahaha! good one m8! U did what I always dream of doing lol!
I just make sure they pay, your way is garanteed to give more satisfaction though.
Oh, and yes ppl seem to want to park their friggin shop-mobiles right next to a corrado, its like a magnet to em.

[Modified by ReneVR6, 8:10 PM 1-26-2003]

·
Banned
1,610 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (ReneVR6)

I was out the other day and this r!ce burning civic pulled up on my NEWLY PAINTED corrado (hasn't even been a month) he parked behind me in a spot that was about 15ft long and hit my car. Then had the nerve to leave his car there. So when I come walking out of the bar (drunk and I was heading to my friends place down the road to sober up don't drive drunk) I see this civic on my bumper. Then I saw my paint on his car. It was all over lets just say I can now look at that scratch and smile. He some how he got a dent the size of a fist in his hood plus all these cool racing stripes that look like someone ran a knife down the side of his car. The best part someone removed all of the valve needles in his tires so his tires will not hold air (snap-on makes the greatest tools)

[Modified by switch42, 2:05 PM 1-27-2003]

[Modified by switch42, 2:05 PM 1-27-2003]

[Modified by switch42, 2:06 PM 1-27-2003]

[Modified by switch42, 2:09 PM 1-27-2003]

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (switch42)

quote:[HR][/HR]He some how he got a dent the size of a fist in his hood plus all these cool racing stripes that look like someone ran a knife down the side of his car. The best part someone removed all of the valve needles in his tires so his tires will not hold air (snap-on makes the greatest tools)
[HR][/HR]​
thats crucial...
note to self.... dont park next to corrados in hanover

·
Banned
1,610 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (CobieRado)

hehehe that was funny don't worry as long as you don't hit my car I think you will be ok. the funny thing was we were parked on the side of the street in b-more and I was second to last spot the spot behind me was at end of road and it was lage enough to park two more corrados (bout 20ft space but only one parking meter left) but one civic had to pull on my A$$ so close the only way to walk between the two cars was to walk on his. I mean the only way you could of hit my car is if you had driving classes at Helen Keller's driving school. I mean completely brain dead plus they had VA tags

P.S. the link in your sig is funny as hell it use to be in my friends aol away message.

[Modified by switch42, 3:29 PM 1-27-2003]

·
Registered
13,385 Posts

Yeah, I know how you all feel. I have parked out in the boone Docks at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Now I usally avoid that place like the plauge, cause, uhm how do I put this nicely.........Most people I see around the parking lot, the majority seem to be the least common denominator of the gene pool.
But I have parked where ther was 6 parking spots to the left of me open, and 6 to the right. No one in the 12 spots in the adjacent spots. I go in for 10 minutes. WHat do I come out and see? Cheech and Chongs shaggin wagon parked right next to my C. Luckily there was no door ding. But I have took it upon myself on occasion to make a big print in the sides of cars that have dinged any of my cars.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (Non_Affiliated)

the worst was at my old college,
for some reason they made the spots tighter thatn the norm so they can stuff as many cars they could in the parking lot. Now imagine this, stuffing as many kids in to tighta$$ spots, it just doesn't work
i once saw this girl backing out in her POS Probe, she hit the guy behind her, gets out has a look, gets back in and hits the guy in front of her, stays inside then reverses to finally get out and hits the same guy behind her again
what are you? retarded?
good thing i always parked at the complete end of the lot were there's single spots near the fence/highway, but it sucks trekking across 2 football fields+ in the morning

·
Registered
4,906 Posts

hahaha, i am with u on the racing stripe method, i think that the corrado key has a double purpose, someone that designed it thought of that ahead of time.had a similar experience 2 weeks ago while getting to my car form a club, and the fact that is was a cold as BEEP didn;t help the situation, that poor maxima

[Modified by 8vbunny, 7:11 PM 1-27-2003]

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Re: Anyone else run into this? (8vbunny)

i love revenge stories.
always keep a club in your car.....youll be amazed at the accidents that can happen when your holding it above your head and sneeze in the general direction of the window of the car that scratched your bumper

·
Registered
4,666 Posts

i have had my share of fun with people that have messed up my car. However, there is one time in my head where i wished i would have done something. but, life goes on

·
Registered
4,906 Posts

they could make a Mastercard comercial after that, hihi
"Getting the rear bumper painted = $200
Making stripes on the other car while enjoying the satisfaction = PRICELESS"

·
Banned
1,610 Posts

Thats some funny stuff hehe mastercard LMFAO. Yeah key works good but a knife is much better

Oh yeah heres the belt buckle I was wearing only in chrome it saw the car real close.

[Modified by switch42, 9:37 PM 1-27-2003]

·
Registered
269 Posts

adding racing stripes is fun but I like to carry some super glue in the car. hold the keyholes open w/ a screw driver and fill em up. Much less effective nowadays when most new cars have keyless entry but great on older car.
not that I've done it to anyone...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

Not that I have ever done it, but if you get a bottle of fuel injection cleaner and empty it in your gas tank and then fill the empty bottle with pop and sugar and add it to the offenders gas........well he's gonna need a tow truck!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts