VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when i start the car, the rear wiper just goes on and doesnt stop until i switch it on and then off. kind of annoying.
also does anyone know if when you use your headlight washers, do the inner headlights come on, or do the brights come on? just wondering because last time i used them at a stop light, someone shut their headlights off as if they thought i was flashing them.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Re: anyone elses rear wiper go on by itself? (ultimate steve)

if your front wipers are on and you throw the car into reverse, the rear wiper will click on once just to wipe water away so you can see, but it shouldn't be on constantly and should only swipe across once. damn volkswagen electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Re: anyone elses rear wiper go on by itself? (freezermink)

Finally, someone else with my problem. Some days I will turn the car on (not having used the wipers for a week) and the rear wiper just goes ape **** and I have to switch it on and off a few times before it will stop.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Re: (Mchu86)

Quote, originally posted by Mchu86 »
I had that problem a while back and brought it to the dealer. They replaced the wiper motor in the rear and haven't had that problem since.

Did they mention if there was a TSB on it? Or did you luck out and they were able to reproduce the problem?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Re: (Servo888)

Quote, originally posted by Servo888 »
Not the same problem, but I always end up turning on my rear wipers when trying to turn + shift; some how my hand hits the lever.

lol mine does it to, or when i had my golf when i would get pissed i';d hit the top part of my steerign wheel and the front wipers would go on

to the OP maybe there is a loose conection on the switch or somthing

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Re: (96786MKV)

Quote, originally posted by 96786MKV »
Anyboby know where they sell a peice that will replace the rear wiper.I wanna remove mine.

There was a guy from England I think....anyway, he posted som pics on here a few weeks ago showing how he deleted his rear wiper and the plug he used. It was oem looking. I thought he was selling them....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Re: (sanch0)

Quote, originally posted by sanch0 »

Did they mention if there was a TSB on it? Or did you luck out and they were able to reproduce the problem?

Well only difference, was that mine would not shut off at all. I would turn the car on/off, switch the wiper on/off, kept going at all times, so they replaced it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.