VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a last resort I might go to G60 flares, but I like the ones on there now, I'm just considering taking off the trim in between the flares.
Has anyone done this? Xacto knifed the trim off the flare? Or should I just buy new flares and take off the entire trim setup?

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Re: Anyone ever cut A2 trim off partially??? (dianalynnxk)

this inadvertently happened though, this was after my encounter with a curb, but hey, it took off that piece of trim connected to the flare pretty cleanly

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyone ever cut A2 trim off partially??? (Weaver)

hmmm.... neato. that's what i want to do.... take off all the middle trim and weld it up before i get it repainted.
i wonder if i shouldn't get g60s instead of carefully cutting? did you get a new flare?
nice blue btw, what color is that?

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Re: Anyone ever cut A2 trim off partially??? (dianalynnxk)

Yeah, now I've gotten' new flares. I didn't know that the flare and that one little piece of trim were two pieces untill after the crash. So anyways. The blue is a Porsche color, popular on their 911s in the early 90s.
edit: sorry man, when I posted this I had just woken up, I meant to say they are one piece

[Modified by Weaver, 3:03 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone ever cut A2 trim off partially??? (Weaver)

oh so they are two pieces? they must just be connected on the outside? hmm, time for experimenting.... hehehe

well, it's a really nice car, good choice in color.
*romps off to find a sharp knife*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts