VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,654 Posts
Re: Anyone ever flushed PS/Hydro fluid? (Dan J Reed)

...or you could undo the fastener for the PS line at the pass side rad support and let it drain.

· Registered
9,966 Posts
Re: Anyone ever flushed PS/Hydro fluid? (Ed52)

I'd suggest just draining the resevoir and refilling. Guess you could pull the hose by the pump and drain that way too. Just make sure there's no air in the system before the pump runs again.
I had to fix a leak in my ps system last winter. Just drained and refilled the reservoir. I have half a liter of synthetic Pentosin fluid if you want it.

· Registered
2,153 Posts
Remember that only OEM Power Steering fluid is supposed to be used on our cars. And prepare yourself for a 10x price increase in what you're used to. Instead of $3/bottle like normal cars use, the 1Ltr bottle I bought from the parts department ran roughly $30.

· Registered
10,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (magz0r)

Quote, originally posted by magz0r »
Remember that only OEM Power Steering fluid is supposed to be used on our cars. And prepare yourself for a 10x price increase in what you're used to. Instead of $3/bottle like normal cars use, the 1Ltr bottle I bought from the parts department ran roughly $30.

German Auto Parts sells 11s for $15 a ltr. Thanks for the help guys, looks like ill just be topping it off. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.