VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.greatcarsandtrucks.com
There based in calgary, but the number I reached the lady with was 905 area code,
. Anyways this lady called me and left a message about me selling my car, it was in the trader from a long time ago. So I call her back thinking she was a potential buyer, it turns out she works for this website and the advertise all over Canada. In order for me to post an ad with them, they'll need a valid credit card number, I'm not to sure about doing this because it could be a scam they are running.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I got hassled from them many times when I had my car listed for sale. really pissed me off.
I've never heard of that site, so why would I want to advertise it with them?
-Steve

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: Anyone ever heard of this website? (soso)

Same company called me when I had the Passat for sale. I have not heard of them before, nor has anyone I've talked to. Maybe its popular over in Calgary, but I really don't see it helping you sell it here very much quicker. Unless its something rare, exotic that the buyer would be willing to buy unseen & shipped over to them.....

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Re: Anyone ever heard of this website? (jay_vw)

Those yoyos called me when i had the Scirocco up for sale on the Trader(that's how thet get your phone #). The guy asked "how many horsepower? What's it runnin the 1/4 mile in? There is a huge demand here in Calgary for cars like that...you know the sport compacts like yours, civics, celicas the fart/furious type"

Next thing i told him was that this is a VOLKSWAGEN and hang up on the $ucker.
It really screwd up my day and thinking about it i remember they even wanted like $60 for they ad

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I had a look at the site. Seems to have good listings for motorbikes. In terms of volume, I still think AutoTrader is the more beaten path so to speak. I wouldn't pay $60 to place an ad there, thats for sure.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Anyone ever heard of this website? (KARMANN_16V)

Quote, originally posted by KARMANN_16V »
Those yoyos called me when i had the Scirocco up for sale on the Trader(that's how thet get your phone #). The guy asked "how many horsepower? What's it runnin the 1/4 mile in? There is a huge demand here in Calgary for cars like that...you know the sport compacts like yours, civics, celicas the fart/furious type"

Next thing i told him was that this is a VOLKSWAGEN and hang up on the $ucker.
It really screwd up my day and thinking about it i remember they even wanted like $60 for they ad

Ya the lady tried pitching me the same thing, except she didn't compare my car to civics, haha. She asked if it was import, I'm like no, it's european, she's like oh, in calgary we have lots of demand for that, and your car is a quick seller and stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts