VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 16v engine from an 87 GTI and would like to swap into an 80 Rabbit without having to buy a Scirocco intake. Can anyone tell me how to mount the airbox on the passenger side of a rabbit? (i.e. fuel lines) Also, can someone confirm what A2 exhaust parts I'll need?
BTW, if anyone has any other advice or insight on the swap, let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Re: Anyone ever swap an A2 16v into Rabbit? (12dwis)

You can do it with the Golf intake too, it's just gonna take a little more time and money.You can easily relocate the airbox to the passenger side, but you really wanna get the Rocco exhaust setup or a header.It's not that difficult, it's just a little more work than a 16V Scirocco swap.
Go for it.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Re: Anyone ever swap an A2 16v into Rabbit? (12dwis)

when i did my swap i just switched the motoronic or in your case CIS-E fuel distributor to the smaller mk-1 airbox instead of having that huge mk-2 air box dominating my engione bay. if you want pics let me know.
To mount the airbox to the passenger side of the engine compartment you can do a variety of things my cheap and some what simple solution was to use self taping screws inserted through the bottom of the plastic air box, with over size washers so the head of the screw would not tear through, and drilled holes in the unit body for the screws to hold

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Re: Anyone ever swap an A2 16v into Rabbit? (nigel)

Hey Guys
I am also doing the same conversion, can you post some pics if how you worked out the fuel lines and the air box. Thanks

·
Registered
944 Posts
Re: Anyone ever swap an A2 16v into Rabbit? (Sozsei)

here is a pic of mine i used the rabbit fuel lines and bent them over and made my own lines to the fuel dist. i cut apart a rabbit lower box and fiberglassed it together here is the results

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.