VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

so I have the annoying hiss associated with a broken vac line, only I don't have any broken vac lines?

I have yet to completely dive in, but I think the white valve/control, that sorts the hvac vents, is leaking. The hiss is defiantly coming from valve itself and not any of the vac lines.

Can it be taken apart and fixed?

I can see in the pic the removable c-clip, and there is one on the other side, which all leads me to believe it can be fixed.

Maybe there's just an old o-ring in there?

Just wondering before I take it apart.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
You sure you have all the lines hooked up properly? If you have them switched around they can cause hiss by sucking through the vent ports that normally drop the servo vacuum. Just a suggestion.

You can pop the circlip off and see whats going on in there. They usually have a diaphragm or o rings but are fairly simple. If its cracked or broken internally you probably need a new one. Someplace had the German car ones like that but I cant remember where. You might need to find a 4 seasons manual to get a part number and then search for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.