VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there were a few people interested in adding a regular Golf's center armrest to the 337, but I'm wondering if anyone's found out if it will fit between those huge seat bolsters...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Anyone find out if the armrest will fit? (GTI ONE DAY)

these are the measurements for the arm rest
hopefully one of the current 337 owners can measure for us
please!!!!!
At the widest point it is 5 1/8 "
length 13 1/8"
height from the top of the console 9"

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone find out if the armrest will fit? (kniedr)

Nice work, kniedr. Now, any 337 owners who can measure the space between the seats? Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: Anyone find out if the armrest will fit? (G)

The width at the narrowest point between the side bolsters of the front seats is 5" exactly. DOH!!!!

[Modified by LWLam, 10:56 PM 5-31-2002]

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anyone find out if the armrest will fit? (LWLam)

Hey- maybe it will work then... If it's only 1/16th off on each side (total width of arm rest is 5 1/8"), then maybe that's good enough...what do you think?

·
Chili Bigot
(boop/ bop/ beep)
20,425 Posts
Re: Anyone find out if the armrest will fit? (G)

Might work, but if the widest part of the armrest meets the widest part of the seat, there will be a little rubbing, and eventually a deformation of the inside bolsters. Also, the opening/closing action of the armrest storage console would likely aggrevate the problem. Even if it just rubs a little, I can see why VW would leave it off. I can imagine the howls of indignation over VW's shoddy design work if the armrest pushed against the seat even a tiny bit.
Honestly, I was the worst "sideways sloucher" in the world, and thought I would really have a hard time getting used to not having it. But in reality I don't even notice its not there.

[Modified by Seabird, 3:33 AM 6-1-2002]

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Re: Anyone find out if the armrest will fit? (Seabird)

Before I sold my Passat
I drove around the last couple of days with the armrest in the "up" position to make sure it wouldn't bother me. I'll miss the storage more than the ability to lean on it. Guess I'll be buying a NB sunglass holder! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
EZ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.