VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Re: anyone fitted pas to there mk1 golf?? (caddy daddy)

there were some rabbits (mk1 golfs for you) offered with power steering, there rare but they do exist... if not use the cabriolet or rocco stuff to do it... but i think the mk2 stuff fits also.....

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Re: anyone fitted pas to there mk1 golf?? (MiCrO)

The rocco and cabby stuff is alot easier to get on this side of the pond so that is what we use. The MkII stuff will not work. TSR has a kit for MkIs.

Edit: The MkII rack does not work, but pump, brackets, etc. will. you could make the hoses work also.

[Modified by vwpat, 7:11 AM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

scirocco, i didnt think i was spelling it correctly in the first post so i use the abreviation that most people us...

[Modified by MiCrO, 12:04 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
2,554 Posts

You need..
1, a steering Ujoint from a PAS Mk1 Cabby, Or , Golf/Jetta. This is the only piece that can be used w/o cutting and welding.
2, A power rack and track rods from a PAS Mk1 Cabby or Mk2 scirocco or Scirocco 16v.
3, You can use the pump, its brackets, and hydraulic lines from any Mk1 or Mk2 Golf/Jetta.
There are several versions of pulleys for the accessories that can be used for the appropiate belts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.