VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know roughly how many VW's were in the car show, and if possible, how many cars total were in the show. Just want to know what I'm up against, thank.

·
Premium Member
6,510 Posts
Re: Anyone go to Hot Import Nights in Chi-town last year? (michael whittaker)

There were quite a few dubs....and a ton of the other....I would definately reccomend it. it is mainly rice, but still a good time and awesome cars regardless of what denomenation they are...

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyone go to Hot Import Nights in Chi-town last year? (Vr6en)

That's cool. I just want to get an idea of the competition. I plan on leaving with at least a fourth or fifth place trophy for VW, and if I'm lucky, maybe even place in 4 door mild. I'm trying to find someone close to the McCormick center where I could stop by Friday and detail my car before I put it in the show, hopefully one of my CVO brethren will help me out.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts

I believe there in only 1 trophy for the VW class and thats "Best VW"

·
Registered
328 Posts

I showed last year during the second hot import nights show (October)...Roll in for the show was around 4:00 on a Friday. I remember staying until about 8:00 that night to detail my car (since it rained the entire day)...I also remember coming in at around 2:00 the day of the show and having a couple of hours to prep the car (before the doors opened). Also, I don't think they had a class for vws at that show (just the one trophy).
Finally, I think my car was the only car in the show to have a bike rack and two mountain bikes on it... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,592 Posts

Plan on some serious competition in the VW catagory. Hell, I'm afraid to enter my car just because I know I'll have to go up against Pepe and Ramon, not to mention all the other folks like Sara and Greg etc… But what the hall? Pay a few bucks, hang out, see some interesting hondas and drink some
And if you manage to win something in the process good for you.

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Re: Anyone go to Hot Import Nights in Chi-town last year? (elicitvr6)

Quote, originally posted by elicitvr6 »
Plan on some serious competition in the VW catagory. Hell, I'm afraid to enter my car just because I know I'll have to go up against Pepe and Ramon, not to mention all the other folks like Sara and Greg etc… But what the hall? Pay a few bucks, hang out, see some interesting hondas and drink some
And if you manage to win something in the process good for you.

nice, you know it's actually chealper to enter your ride then just to attend, I mean 2 wrist bands and free parking inside the event for 40 bills and it cost 25
to get in........
plus at the spring show last year I got my car parked right next to the stage, with the girls on poles right next to me, sweeeeeeeeeet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts