VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,544 Posts
Re: Anyone going to see Alexisonfire tonight? (stabb3d)

Quote, originally posted by stabb3d »
My 6th time seeing them.
Hurray for 12 year old girls.

-Justin

i see you at alot of concerts according to your website

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Re: Anyone going to see Alexisonfire tonight? (Master_of_Puppets)

I have to work, but... What time do they go on, is it a 7 O'clock show, or 9, or what? I thought I heard them on the radio last night say 9:30, but I am unsure, was that for the whole show, or just Alexisonfire's set? So confused.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Anyone going to see Alexisonfire tonight? (Das Hase)

Quote, originally posted by Das Hase »
I have to work, but... What time do they go on, is it a 7 O'clock show, or 9, or what? I thought I heard them on the radio last night say 9:30, but I am unsure, was that for the whole show, or just Alexisonfire's set? So confused.

Well the doors open at 8pm, so the first set will probably go on at 8:30. I'm guessing that it'll be at least till 9:30 before Alexis goes on.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Anyone going to see Alexisonfire tonight? (VEEDUBR)

Quote, originally posted by VEEDUBR »
they dont sing they scream IMHO
gives me a headache in less than 2 mins

learn why what he's screaming and why he's screaming it and you'll think of them in a new light, IMHO

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Anyone going to see Alexisonfire tonight? (racaro_kid)

just came back from the show and thought I'd do a little report for all who missed it. For starters Alexisonfire absolutely rocked, but more on them later...
I was VERY impressed with Warsaw Pack. Anytime you add guitars, hip hop, scratching, saxophones, a whole lot of bass, and world politics, it's a winning combination. They played an awesome set. If you like music with a cool vibe that actually means something, check them out http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I've never heard of Moneen before, but they also were very good! Came out with a lot of energy and kept it going throughout the set.
Now back to the goods! Alexis was AMAZING!! Came out playing my two favourite songs first and they had so much fun out there. And I'm happy to say I'm no longer a body surfing virgin! I've lost my hearing and my voice but it was soo worth it! Even added some samples from Christmas Vacation, it was so good

·
Registered
6,256 Posts

Warsawpack sucks.
Saw them with Bad Religion and the Casualties and they totally sucked.
The lead singer likes to make "dialing-a-phone" and "flipping-through-TV-channels" motions way too much. Not to mention he looks like a human cookie monster.

Modified by Mooz! at 9:20 PM 12-18-2003

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Anyone going to see Alexisonfire tonight? (Mooz!)

Quote, originally posted by Mooz! »
Warsawpack sucks.
Saw them with Bad Religion and the Casualties and they totally sucked.
The lead singer likes to make "dialing-a-phone" and "flipping-through-TV-channels" motions way too much. Not to mention he looks like a human cookie monster.

Modified by Mooz! at 9:20 PM 12-18-2003

did you bother to hear what he had to say, or were you too busy cutting him up?
Try to keep an open mind about music, you might be surprised

·
Registered
6,256 Posts

Quote, originally posted by racaro_kid »

did you bother to hear what he had to say, or were you too busy cutting him up?
Try to keep an open mind about music, you might be surprised

Why? I didn't like it. I don't have to. Neither did anyone at the show.
It didn't sound good. You couldn't tell where one song ended and another began. They all sounded too much alike.
As for the message he was 'singing', well, thats fine and dandy but I'm not going to listen to it if it sounds like Fred Durst had a baby with Kenny G.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts

there's lots of music I dislike, but I don't carry on like the artist killed my dog with my grandma's wooden leg.
Yes I enjoy alexis very much, moneen too... but alas I couldn't make it

Modified by audiphile at 6:06 PM 12-18-2003

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote, originally posted by Mooz! »

Why? I didn't like it. I don't have to. Neither did anyone at the show.
It didn't sound good. You couldn't tell where one song ended and another began. They all sounded too much alike.
As for the message he was 'singing', well, thats fine and dandy but I'm not going to listen to it if it sounds like Fred Durst had a baby with Kenny G.

That's great, you're entitled to your opinion. However in your first post you just said they sucked, and what did you use to back up that statement?
"The lead singer likes to make "dialing-a-phone" and "flipping-through-TV-channels" motions way too much. Not to mention he looks like a human cookie monster."
Not gonna convince many people that Warsawpack is a terrible band with that. If instead you had gave actual reasons as to why you didn't like them, maybe you wouldn't have sounded so ignorant.
I'm glad you were able to express your thoughts so eloquently in your second post. I'm sure that others also felt that "it sounds like Fred Durst had a baby with Kenny G"

The point is, if anyone is looking for a different sound, and is tired of hearing bands sing about how their girlfriend dumped them, or how hard it is to be a teenager, check out Warsawpack http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
(i was not paid by the Warsawpack to support them
)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts