VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (2002_Jetta_GLI)

Hofele makes em and you can buy the through MG racing... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (ze)

does that tip work with the 4motion valence, or would it look geeked up?

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (JETTA420)

I would think that it would look fine but I am not familiar with the 4motion. If you look at the picture, that Jetta has a pretty nice valence and it looks great. The installation is super-easy also; you just slide it on and tighten 4 nuts.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (2002_Jetta_GLI)

is this thing going to look cheesy or would it look ok?

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

These are the tips New Dimensions sells:

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (swmacneil)

quote:[HR][/HR]is this thing going to look cheesy or would it look ok?[HR][/HR]​
It basically looks like a big fat dual exhaust. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,604 Posts

Personally, I'm going for the whole muffler from VW. As soon as I rack up 5 beans...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (JETTA420)

These extensions look pretty good. I have the ones from VW, which are almost exactly the same as Hofele, only cheaper. New Dimensions is also more expensive ($80 I think). VW was $49. Anyway, I don't think they will look good with the 4 motion valence, because it has a cutout and the tips would have to come straight out the back. They are curved down in order to clear the stock valence or one without the cutout like that on the Hofele Jetta above. You will most likely have a huge gap between the tip and your 4motion valence and it will be really ugly. But maybe I am wrong...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (Alpanian)

guys will the hofele tips work on a 2000 vr6? if so where can i get them, does hofele have a site? thnx

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (sharp138)

I think that the VR6 has the same style pipes as the 1.8T and the 2.0. If so, these will fit fine.
Check out http://www.mgracing.an/hofele_borra_jetta.htm
Call them and ask for Giampiero or Sue!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by ze, 2:06 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (Alpanian)

I'm trying to find something as well that would work with the 4motion valence. It seems to me like the Hoefle one would look pretty bad with that valence, due to the fact it's made to clear the stock valence.
Anyone else have some ideas?
Tim

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (tulmad)

does anyone know how much these tips go for? ive emailed them at mrracing and havent gotten a response yet.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Re: anyone has photos of exhaust tips for stock gls 1.8t jetta exhaust? (sharp138)

just got a response form mgracing about the tips. they go for $164.00 w/ shipping included, is that a good price? what do u guys think?

·
Registered
3,819 Posts

Give them a call at 770 973 1112 and ask for Sue. If you get their machine, leave her a message and she'll call you back. The guy who runs the email is Giampiero and he's always out and about. I think the exhaust piece is $145 but I'm not sure...

·
Registered
144 Posts

You're going to spen $140+ on tips??? I got the $49 ones from VW, which are almost exactly like the Hofele ones. They look good, but not GREAT. This is by no means permanent for me. Probably next year I will go for an exhaust system.
Here's what the VW tips look like.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.