VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks. I'm trying to see if my 17" Volkswagen Joda wheels will work for a winter setup. They are 17" x 7 ET54 I believe.
For reference, I installed my 19x8 et 50 Cadiz wheels off my old golf R. With 255/50r19 rubber.

Due to the offset they needed 10mm spacers up front to clear the break caliper. The rears had lots of room.

I'm running 10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the back for aesthetics.

You will probably need spacers up front as well with an et of 54.

·
Registered
103 Posts
can i see some pics of the wheels... looking to get some spacers for looks as well.

For reference, I installed my 19x8 et 50 Cadiz wheels off my old golf R. With 255/50r19 rubber.

Due to the offset they needed 10mm spacers up front to clear the break caliper. The rears had lots of room.

I'm running 10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the back for aesthetics.

You will probably need spacers up front as well with an et of 54.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at snow tires and might put them on my factory wheels so that I can buy other wheels for the summer tires. It's tough to picture what wheels may look good, there're chrome, black, etc., that all look pretty sweet but I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of theirs I can take a look at. Anyone have aftermarket wheels installed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm thinking about getting some 19" soon. I was originally thinking silver because they always look good and classy, and are the safe bet, but my eye has also been on some gunmetal wheels I've come across. The problem is my car is platinum grey, so I can't decide if gunmetal wheels will clash, because they are close to platinum grey, or look pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
not really aftermarket, but OEM+: 19x9 Mallory wheels.
i couldnt stand the wheels that came on this car, VWoA really has been ****ing up lately hahaha

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Man Everytime I see your pictures I want to loose and just lower mine. Would love to see it on some neuspeed wheels

Riding in my Mk6 GLI Gen3
haha thanks man!
what kind of Nuespeed wheels? i can arrange something and post them up for you.

1 - 20 of 389 Posts