·
Registered
1 Posts

Warm/Hot season wheelset.

Rear: Showing 285/35R20 ET30

y

What offffoffffoff set are you running

Front: Not fully shown, 255/40R20 ET30 with Neuspeed Caliper-370mm

What offset are Both wheel sit flush to wheel fenders. Not going to lower the Tiguan until it's needed in another 3 Years after I get a new SUV.

Warm/Hot season wheelset.

Rear: Showing 285/35R20 ET30

Front: Not fully shown, 255/40R20 ET30 with Neuspeed Caliper-370mm

Both wheel sit flush to wheel fenders. Not going to lower the Tiguan until it's needed in another 3 Years after I get a new SUV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sitting on 22x10 et 20 on 235/35s and im also lowered on Solowerk S1 as well

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Do you have any rubbing with the 22s. To be honest your the first at least that I’ve seen running 22s on a tiggy. I’ve seen a few guys running 20s on coil overs and they rub when turning or under a heavy load so wasn’t sure if you had a similar issue, or if you just adjusted your ride height to avoid it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got my news rims installed yesterday. Niche Form 20x8.5 with 245/45r20 tires. Drop via H&R springs.

I have the ECS flush spacer kit (that I ran for a few months with the stock 19s) but not sure if I’m gonna use the spacers with the new rims. Probably could use a little more poke, tho.
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just curious, is any one rulle TE37's, Work Emotions or Gram Light wheels? I am going to by buying a 22' R-line and not sure what size and offset I should run. I did fine a set of Work wheels, 19x8.5 et45 that I like and a few sets of 18x8.5 et38.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ve had some steering wheel vibration since installing my new 20” rims and tires a few weeks back. I’ve had the rim shop—it’s a reputable place that caters to pro athletes and handles a lot of high end cars—rebalance the tires and the vibration is still there. I’ve also messed with the tire pressure, adjusting it up and down, to little avail.

It’s a ‘22 Tiguan and I lowered it on H&R springs and had it aligned about a month earlier. There was no vibration with the stock 19s and tires. The vibration started after the new wheels were installed.

The rims are Niche; it’s my second set in five years on two different cars (from the same shop). Doubt that’s the issue. The tires, however, are budget brand Ironman. Starting to think that could be the issue.

Thoughts?
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
116 Posts
It can easily be the tires, new tires vibrate more often then you think. Like, a LOT and being some cheapo tires.. that's your cause.
I had a case where two out of 4 new tires were bad and caused the car to pull to one side, regardless of multiple alignments done.
Also, it could be wheels itself. My summer wheels vibrate, although they balance out good.
Winter set smooth as butter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Put these on last week, 20x10.5”. Because the design of the wheel arch’s / lips on the Tiguan I could get a good flush fit with the stock wheels as even without spacers they would rub on hard bumps (former softer coil overs too) so used the stock 255s with stretch so I could get the fitment that I wanted on the wheels and still clear the fenders on compression. Typically I never wanted a stretch tire look at all (my gti runs a 265 on 8.5 currently 😂😂) but had to do it to get the final look I was really after, and in the end I’m more that fine with the stretch and very happy with the look overall.

wheels are ET45 with 15mm adapter/spacer on both front rear , **5mm clearance from the wheel hub to larger aftermarket strut body in the fronts.. so very tight!

EDIT: forgot to note the weight savings due to th
Being flow formed! New wheels in 20x10.5” no tires were 25.2lbs Vs the oems 20x8.5 with no tires are 35.1lbs

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Tire
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate Car
View attachment 167285

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Put these on last week, 20x10.5”. Because the design of the wheel arch’s / lips on the Tiguan I could get a good flush fit with the stock wheels as even without spacers they would rub on hard bumps (former softer coil overs too) so used the stock 255s with stretch so I could get the fitment that I wanted on the wheels and still clear the fenders on compression. Typically I never wanted a stretch tire look at all (my gti runs a 265 on 8.5 currently 😂😂) but had to do it to get the final look I was really after, and in the end I’m more that fine with the stretch and very happy with the look overall.

wheels are ET45 with 15mm adapter/spacer on both front rear , **5mm clearance from the wheel hub to larger aftermarket strut body in the fronts.. so very tight!

View attachment 167290 View attachment 167289 View attachment 167286 View attachment 167287 View attachment 167288 View attachment 167285
looks good! i'm so ready for the weather in new england to stop sucking so i can clean mine up and put my coilovers on.

341 - 360 of 389 Posts