VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want to drill into the chrome. Yes, it's a value edition and I have no plans of doing anything at all to the car. Once the tires go bad I'll put on some audi sport 5 spoke wheels. Other than that, I wouldnt mind a euro plate.
Anyone found any good ways to mount the plate? I'm a little leary of going over the lower grill because of air circulation.

Pic for views:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and before any of you say "lower it" I've been around for a long time under various screennames and I WILL NOT PUT A SUSPENSION ON THIS CAR!
I know what's nice, however I choose to keep my life simple and will not spend my limited funds on the things that dont matter.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (euroREADY)

Quote, originally posted by euroREADY »
mounted to the bottom grille :]

did you read that im worried about air circulation?

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Re: (rat cabrocco)

Double stick tape? Been holding my NA plate on for months now.
And I wouldn't be too concerned with air circulation...it'll find it's way in.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Re: anyone have creative ways of mounting a euro plate on their jetta? (rat cabrocco)

Quote, originally posted by rat cabrocco »
I dont want to drill into the chrome. Yes, it's a value edition and I have no plans of doing anything at all to the car. Once the tires go bad I'll put on some audi sport 5 spoke wheels. Other than that, I wouldnt mind a euro plate.
Anyone found any good ways to mount the plate? I'm a little leary of going over the lower grill because of air circulation.

Pic for views:

Is that the Bucks County Court House in your picture? And i have mine held on with exterior 3M 2 sided tape.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
definitely BCCH Have any pics of the 3M in action? Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking I'll go that route. Do you have strips or what?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gorilla glue will still f up the chrome. Good luck getting that crao off after your lease is over or you want to sell the car.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i screwed mine right into the trunk deck... over the VW symbol... just some got drywall screws... but i sealed it with caulking so it wouldnt rust

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Re: (dead0narrivel)

Quote, originally posted by dead0narrivel »
i screwed mine right into the trunk deck... over the VW symbol... just some got drywall screws... but i sealed it with caulking so it wouldnt rust

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (dead0narrivel)

Quote, originally posted by dead0narrivel »

Thanks for contributing.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
sorry i was a little out of it when i originally posted that, i actually dont have a euro plate, but i do like the look of them and have considered one

·
Registered
398 Posts
We don't like your kind here. Haha jk the modding will come in time. And for the europlate...3m double-sided tape for the win!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts