VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the euro intake cam in their 16v here? How do you like it? Did it make any more power? Low end, High end?
I just started taking off the head of my 16v and now it's got me thinking...well, if I am taking the cams out to do the timing chain (between the cams) then I might as well do a euro cam as well while I'm in there because it's only like $200.
So if you could post your experiances with the cams that'd be great! Thanks.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Re: Anyone have experiances with the euro intake cam? (vwnut84)

I love mine. It has a rock solid idle, passes echeck no problem, and pulls hard to redline. Make sure you install a power module as well. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
edit: there are a few variations. I have the neuspeed 250

[Modified by misterwahoo, 1:30 PM 2-3-2003]

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Re: Anyone have experiances with the euro intake cam? (misterwahoo)

Did that cam give the car more down low or increase it up high?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

I know I am gonna make a few enemies here but oh well IMO the euro cam is a waste of money, unless you have the euro intake , fuel distr. ign distributor, etc. do yourself a favor and either buy the Autotech sport set, or just chop a stock exhaust cam and save your money, let the flamming begin

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Anyone have experiances with the euro intake cam? (vwdohc993)

Good responses so far, keep em coming....

·
Registered
654 Posts

Scott, no flaming. I can see where you're coming from. The euro cam actually loses a few hp down low; but if you like to spend any amount of time above 5500 rpm, the euro cam and power mod really make it enjoyable.(although above 6800 rpm or so, the engine is making more noise than power.) I was able to get my neuspeed for $150, and I made the power mod myself for under $20. So for roughly $170 I can have fun revving the wee wee out of my 1.8.
I've tried the flipped exhaust cam; but without the $140 set (or $70 for one, butcha can't just buy one) of kent internal adjustable cam gears, it won't idle for crap or have any balls down low. Now, if somebody were to use the flipped exh. cam with an internal adjustable cam gear(to completely dial it in), then I think it would equal the autotech set. Just my opinion.
edit: can't spell for poop. doh!

[Modified by misterwahoo, 11:44 PM 2-3-2003]

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anyone have experiances with the euro intake cam? (misterwahoo)

Sounds good, I'm gonna order it up! Thanks guys http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Re: Anyone have experiances with the euro intake cam? (vwdohc993)

Would anyone be interested in making me a power module and cutting up an exhaust cam for me? I don't have a junkyard nearby for the module and I don't have the tools to cut up a cam. I can pay a little, but not much (otherwise I'd be getting the Autotech set
)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Re: Anyone have experiances with the euro intake cam? (sad_rocc)

quote:[HR][/HR]Would anyone be interested in making me a power module and cutting up an exhaust cam for me? I don't have a junkyard nearby for the module and I don't have the tools to cut up a cam. I can pay a little, but not much (otherwise I'd be getting the Autotech set
) [HR][/HR]​
power module? same as fuel enrichment module?...there's a guy that was making some and selling 'em on vortex for $22....search his name or the topic, his name was something like 89GTI i think....

as for Schricks, what's the best combination for Daily driving? 260/276?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Anyone have experiances with the euro intake cam? (mr. marlon)

I think that there are instructions for a "do it yourself" fuel enrichment modual on the scirocco 16v website (www.scirocco16v.com)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.