VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, will ther added presure mess up the giac's programing......im guiessing the giac is programed for the stock 3bar FPR. Should i go back to teh stock 3 bar? Please only respond if u KNOW what your talking about.....no offense. But opinions are welcome

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: Anyone have GIAC CHIP and runs a 4 bar FPR? ? (JimmPTL)

Every Corrado VR6 has a 4 bar, and I've had 3 VR6 OBDIIs (Jetta GLX, GTIs) with the 4 bar on the dyno. Can't say the 4 bar made any difference on NA cars with or without cams and NS or GIAC software. The A/F was fine on all of them, although it seems GIAC tunes to a leaner point then NS on the VR6s. Seems the ECU can adjust to the pressure difference, so no inerent richness. If the software doesn't call for more fuel the 4 bar shouldn't make a difference. If however the software calls for more fuel and the rail can't supply it the 4 bar could help. If you went with FI or larger injectors it couldn't hurt.
HTH
Ed-92SLC

[Modified by Ed Casey, 7:02 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyone have GIAC CHIP and runs a 4 bar FPR? ? (Ed Casey)

Thanks, so no damage could be done? i was thinking that it would be better if i were running a little rich raher than a little lean.

·
Registered
18,556 Posts

It won't hurt anything, but it'll run rich, and you'll gain no power.
Sure it works on the OBDI cars, but that's because their chip is
optimized for that level of fuel flow. On an OBDII, it'll just suck down
gas and if you don't get slower, you sure won't get any faster.
ian

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: Anyone have GIAC CHIP and runs a 4 bar FPR? ? (Daemon42)

i did the 4 bar and it hits the rev limiter a lot harder . thats with 268's, BVH, and 268 chip. on a car w/o any headwork i doubt you'd see any gains. you prob won't run into any problems with it in though.
mike

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anyone have GIAC CHIP and runs a 4 bar FPR? ? (boostless)

yea i was actually thinking of pulling it out and putting a 3bar since the GIAS was programed to work with that, but if theres no damage, why pay teh extra money. Im broke anyway.......need to save up for a new clutch/flywheel, oil pan, and oil cooler

·
Registered
18,556 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]yea i was actually thinking of pulling it out and putting a 3bar since the GIAC was programed to work with that, but if theres no damage, why pay teh extra money. Im broke anyway.......need to save up for a new clutch/flywheel, oil pan, and oil cooler
[HR][/HR]​
Ya, why pay extra money to replace a single part, once, when you can pay extra
at the gas pump over and over and over.

Ah well, it's your money.
ian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.