VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent luck actually, and I purchased mine from China off Amazon. The brand I purchased is Vanku and it works great. So many features and sound quality is great. I have a sim card for it so it has internet and broadcasts a hotspot in my car. I watch youtube, have an obd11 that provides on screen live data about the car, can run diagnostics and clear codes with it. Its been a great investment and I love mine.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I bought an enon one for my Passat and I didn't have as good of a time. The back up camera has interference and a rolling image, the mic building into the face of the HU isn't good enough for phone calls and the audio quality is garbage. There is a constant mild hiss, like the volume/gain is way too high. I reached out to support, made adjustments in the "secret" menu and even swapped it's motherboard. Nada. If I cared more about this care I would take it all out.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I had one that worked well except for the fact that I could never get it play nice with my car's Dynaudio amp. Ended up replacing it with a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX with built-in wireless CarPlay. If you don't have Dynaudio then the Android units are a great value.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking to upgrade my stereo in my 07 Passat wagon. Anyone have any luck with them? If so which ones?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FD5FQVJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I got this one. Is not super fast but it gets the job done. The real advantage that this one has is the sound . Is truly good. It had built in DSP also which it was something I was looking for my Dynaudio + Subwoofer. It s not the fastest thing on earth but it s worth the money

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FD5FQVJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I got this one. Is not super fast but it gets the job done. The real advantage that this one has is the sound . Is truly good. It had built in DSP also which it was something I was looking for my Dynaudio + Subwoofer. It s not the fastest thing on earth but it s worth the money
I have this one but it has Anrdoid 11. Its a very impressive unit with lots of configurable options. The version with 2GB RAM is fine for using navigation and listening to music. Love the way it fits in the dash.

Car Vehicle Automotive navigation system Gear shift Motor vehicle
Automotive design Motor vehicle Mode of transport Gadget Communication Device

·
Registered
2007 VW Passat B6 2.0T Wagon
7 Posts
I have one all. It works great, although I'd have to install a virtual Android auto companion on the radio. One major issue I'm dealing with is just the wiring in the car in general. The radio just shuts off everytime I turn the nighttime lights on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts