VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
7,790 Posts
Re: anyone have info pics, estimated price, hp numbers on the Ko3 Elliminators? (1986 jetta gli)

To the best of my knowledge, there are three tuners working on this conversion. All of them are at roughly the same point -- that is, the turbos are in the car, but now they are working out the bugs of the install, and the tuning. I think the potential here is huge, but I wouldn't be installing these until they'd been on the market at least a year, the risk is just too high.

· Registered
7,790 Posts
Re: anyone have info pics, estimated price, hp numbers on the Ko3 Elliminators? (1986 jetta gli)

http://autospeedperformance.com/
http://www.vastperformance.com/
http://www.atpturbo.com/
These are the three I am aware of. I don't have any experience with ATP. Mike from Vast Performance and Mark from Autospeed are two of the best guys in the business though. I don't think there is much info on their sites yet as they're trying to keep things relatively quiet until they have their kits truly ready to go. Atp on the other hand has been tempting people since about March...

· Registered
408 Posts
Re: (zhenya00)

Quote, originally posted by zhenya00 »
"It'll be about two more weeks."

ROFLMAO

· Registered
7,790 Posts
Re: (1986 jetta gli)

Quote, originally posted by 1986 jetta gli »
ist been two weeks and i cant find any info on these yet, whats up?

oh, sorry. Check again in about two more weeks.

· Registered
648 Posts
Re: (1986 jetta gli)

Quote, originally posted by 1986 jetta gli »
ANY guesses on the base price of these kits?

Who knows...based on their prices for the longitudinal 1.8Ts maybe $2500 turbos only for the GT2X and over $3000 for the GTRS.
Let's get a little realistic for a moment, no one has any real numbers on these things and they are at least 6 months behind on delivering them. The GTRS turbos are going to require new internals to take full advantage of. There is a high chance there will be optional parts that aren't so optional in reality, which seems to be the case for the longitudinal kits. Buying one of these things early on will buy you the honor of being an unpaid employee of ATP's development department. These guys can't do software, even the recent Mika stuff isn't aparently too hot. This not the first time I've seen this, just a recent example:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2298895
It took about 3 years for anyone to get the K04 programming right and this included some of the best SW houses in the US market including GIAC and APR. I can't imagaine ATP or Mika will better that at this point. HW is only potential HP, SW actually delivers it. K04 kits remain the best bet for now and for at least another year or two. That's assuming any of these Garrett turbo kits make it to market, fit well, are cost effective, and have good SW.

Modified by Pete_S4 at 11:54 AM 11-18-2005

· Registered
864 Posts
Took unitronic one day (and 14 flashes) to get my k04 car running nearly perfect.
running those awful greentops too.

the eliminator will run fairly well on k04 programming. Probably need more fueling up top. And will very likely accomodate higher timing in the upper RPMS since they wont turn into blast furnaces at 20psi above 5K

Modified by Bastard at 2:19 PM 11-19-2005

· Registered
648 Posts
Re: (Bastard)

Quote, originally posted by Bastard »
the eliminator will run fairly well on k04 programming. Probably need more fueling up top. And will very likely accomodate higher timing in the upper RPMS since they wont turn into blast furnaces at 20psi above 5K

I agree the K04 SW will work (maybe with some tweaks) for the GT2X turbos and probably is the best way to go outside a custom tune. I'd be a little less excited running the bigger GTRS elminator on K04 code if you are trying to get the most out of them. Either way though, the prospective price for the GT2X is pretty much the same as the RS4 K04 for similar power. Factor in too the K04s are quite proven and ATP isn't famous for kit completeness. The bigger elminator turbos are in HP territory that is beyond the normal bolt-on world for S4s. I got to think someone going that far will want "real" Garretts.

Modified by Pete_S4 at 10:10 AM 11-20-2005

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.