VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are they? Is night driving better? Can they high and low beam be on at the same time? What color light? Any extra hardware needed to install?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: Anyone have OEM HIDs for GTI/GOLF? (jimk75)

OEM HIDs are awesome!
Night driving is exciting!
Yes the high and lows work just like they should!
Color light, well Xenons have their own color, just don't look directly into the light, you'll burn your retina!
Hardware, well yes their are some things that make the installation more, let say, OEM!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: Anyone have OEM HIDs for GTI/GOLF? (atunnell)

PG Performance sells them. I used to but supplies are not as they used to be. These guys buy in bulk so probably have some in stock.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: Anyone have OEM HIDs for GTI/GOLF? (1BadAzzVR6)

well last I hear they went down to something like $1300, but don't quote me. I saw them listed about a year ago at nearly $2200. I have roughly $1500 in mine, and I lived in Germany, bought my lights used for less than $1000, but have had to replace a passenger side light and I bought the Auto leveling system.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Re: Anyone have OEM HIDs for GTI/GOLF? (Roger Moore)

roadsleeper and nate1.8t also have OEM HIDs
not to steal your thunder Rog

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: Anyone have OEM HIDs for GTI/GOLF? (bergenvr6)

Roger,
A friend of mine is probably going to Germany for a while and he's going to look into purchasing OEM HIDs for me. Where would you suggest buying them? I asked him to check out junkyards first, then if no avail, the dealer.
I checked out the parts number on your site, but on another yahoo groups photo album, the parts number directly on the headlight was slightly different than yours. I'm guessing the new one has the ballast mounted directly behind the headlight.
My shopping list is:
OEM Headlight (Driver & Passenger)
2 Ballasts
2 Xenon bulbs
I'd like to get the autoleveling system in there 'cause I care about the safety of others and not annoying or blinding them. What would the costs be for the parts for that part of the system? I'd also will probably be purchasing the adapter from you if all goes well.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.