VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: Anyone have pics of the crystal headlight mod? (DaPeaz)

is the light output far superior? and do you have to go w/ a bluish bulb, or can you go regular halogen ala mk3 bulb?
~spoonie

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: Anyone have pics of the crystal headlight mod? (spoonie)

The ones in the ebay link you included above are to convert sealed beam to H4 headlights. there are also the full assemblies available, although a little more pricey.
I found a decent increase in light output. I still have to relay them to see the full potential tho.

[Modified by kevin_b_c, 6:21 PM 2-3-2003]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anyone have pics of the crystal headlight mod? (kevin_b_c)

but do you think they are worth the conversion or is it cooler to stay stock? and the ebay link says they are for cabriolets but where do u think the best place to buy them from is?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: Anyone have pics of the crystal headlight mod? (DaPeaz)

Doesn't your cabriolet already have H4's? If it does, these will not fit your car. When they say that it will fit Cabriolets, they would be talking about the earlier ones that have the sealed beam headlights.
I would probably stick with the stock ones. The crystal clears would look weird beside the stock inner lights. If you are concerned about light output, try relaying them and make sure they are aimed properly. Alot of people don't realize how important it is to have them aimed properly.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.