VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I keep my car clean. No food rotting in the back seat. I have an ant problem. Fortunately, they mostly stay on the outside of the car. This makes me wonder if it's the Zipwax that I use. I've tried ant "traps" where they take the poison back and they all die. Hasn't worked. Ideas? I'm not gonna use Zipwax anymore and see if that's what attracted them. Has anyone had a similar experience?

·
Banned
4,699 Posts
Re: Anyone have problems with ants? (Gatorfreak)

Sorry man, that sucks....do you park it next to a tree or something? I would give terminex a call or something...maybe they could give you some idea! Hope this helps and I hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Re: Anyone have problems with ants? (VDUBBINDizzy)

wow.. that sux.. but i think you might have to pay extra for car calls instead of house calls

·
Registered
23,991 Posts
Re: (MrGTI)

It's funny you should bring this up...in the summer there is an extraordinary amount of gnatlike things around my car...especially after a waxing.....the car next to me will be fine....but mine will have gnats on it...kind of strange....This happened with the last 2 dubs that I've owned....and yes...I used the same wax and parked it in the same spot....mystery solved for me...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Re: Anyone have problems with ants? (Gatorfreak)

What kind of wax do you use? Some insects are attracted to the carnuba scent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts