VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have step by step removal of stock MK4 Jetta grill?

I have searched and cant seem to find instructions on removing a stcok MK4 grill. If anyone has a link or any info please hit me with it.
Thanks

Modified by nanobot6 at 1:32 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: Anyone have step by step removal of stock MK4 grill? (nanobot6)

I don't have it, but i did it both on a golf and a jetta recently. The hardest part really is getting into the trunk release clip and prying it apart. Once you do that it's just a matter of removing the pins up top and pulling upward on the entire grill.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts

which grill? upper or lower?

the lower grills are easy. there are a few tabs you jsut pull down one at a time and pull the plastic unit out at the same time and viola! no grill.
if you are wondering about the upper grill . . . the one around the vw emblem then i am afraid i can't help you. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,865 Posts

Easy. fist thing you have to remove the hood pull from the latch assembly.
for that use a small flat head, an pop a retaining clip up, then use the flat head and stick it inbetween the seperated part of the hood pull that attches to the assemely. Twist it so, it spreads it apart and pull it off. To remove the grill pull out and up its off. Reverse to install.

·
Registered
236 Posts

Quote, originally posted by nanobot6 »
I have searched and cant seem to find instructions on removing a stcok MK4 grill. If anyone has a link or any info please hit me with it.
Thanks

http://home.nycap.rr.com/brandonc/headlight/
You only need one step out of all of these, pretty obvious which one.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts

u dont need a step by step....just do it........you can see as you go what you need to remove........just grab some needle nose pliers for the clip that holds the pull tab thingy together onto the latch.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I herad the hood release was the hardest part. i just wanted to avoid breaking anything.
BTW it is for the upper grill on an MK4 Jetta
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts