VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right headlight flickers sometimes intermittently.

of course i can go and take my car in for warranty repair, but i like a lot of us, no time to send our cars in for warranty work during the weekday.

So open to suggestions on things to check

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I'd check to make sure that the xenon bulb is properly connected. If you've never handled the xenon bulb then find someone who can help you. DON'T ever mess with it while it's on for your own sake.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yes... mine was left side. It wasnt the bulb but a poorly crimped connector from the ballast to the bulb. You can access the ballast from the vent panels in the wheel well. But the bulb, you have to undo the nosecone... pain in the arse.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It's not like it gets hot or anything... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, not really :)

CAUTION: Once ignited, the pressure inside an HID bulb builds to over 30 atmospheres due to heat (up to 1500 degrees F inside the bulb!). This creates a potential explosion hazard so do not attempt to power a HID bulb outside of the headlamp assembly to "test" it. Also, the bulb must be in a horizontal position when it is on, otherwise it may overheat and fail. HID headlamps require a high voltage ignition source to start. It typically takes up to 25,000 volts to start a xenon bulb, but only about 80 to 90 volts to keep it operating once the initial arc has formed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.