VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there everyone... just tryin to track down any c owners that might be in Maine... specifically in the eastern parts of the state...
i live in Sullivan.. (across bay from MDI)
nate

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: anyone here in Maine??? (LooseNut)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yeah, there's a few of us. I live in Old Town. There's a couple in Windham. keep in touch[HR][/HR]​
no sh!t... i'm in orono... black g60 w/a white VW symbol in rear window.. you?
nate

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Re: anyone here in Maine??? (g60_c)

I don't think I've seen you around but I have seen one G60 at UMO. My Corrado isn't up here, it's actually down at my parent's place in Casco. I probably wont be driving it until January. Hey, if your charger needs a rebuild, Silvbullit is going to do his own soon. Should be a learning experience. BTW, I live at University Park on college ave.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Im down in sanford, but have been know to frequent the nortern parts of the state. My friend (mainecorrado) is moving back now also, to the Winthrop area. He's originally from winterport so we're in and around bangor often.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: anyone here in Maine??? (redrocketrado)

quote:[HR][/HR]why is it when I leave you all pop up....
[HR][/HR]​
hehehe...
Loosenut> I've had it up here since september... it used to belong in the area too... which is kinda cool.
SilvBullit> local rice is pretty easy to come by up here... soon as my charger gets back to me from Gruven.. i'll be cookin some.. :&gt

hey, we're all gonna have to try and GTG sometime over the summer, when the rides are lookin good (as opposed to those winter rims, etc...)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts

I went to UMF from 1996-1998. had a red 91 8v GTi at the time and my roommate had a rocco 16v and jetta GL. someone in the auburn area had a yellow G60 raddo that said "corrado" on the side in pink letters. he revved on us once in auburn at that last red light leaving town on rt4. we were in the scirocco and SPANKED him. course, the rocco had crazy cams, headwork etc.
We used to race each other to work at sugarloaf on Rt27 in the snow...I had a cam and many other bolt ons in my gti. driving like total azzholes. I miss college...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: anyone here in Maine??? (Dan92SLC)

Route 27 is amazing between Farmington and the Loaf, no cops, just nice sweeping banked corners. I had the most fun on that road on my Honda but I'm sure the Rado would be a blast. Every year we stay at Cathedral Pines Campground in Eustis so maybe the Rado will be my SUV this year (Eclipse last year). Rally racing down logging roads here I come!!!
Watch out for the damm moose though!! I hate driving at night cause I know all 1000 pounds of meat would be scooped through the windsheild and onto my lap. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: anyone here in Maine??? (SilvBullit)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Watch out for the damm moose though!! I hate driving at night cause I know all 1000 pounds of meat would be scooped through the windsheild and onto my lap. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif [HR][/HR]​
ouch.. no thank you... i love moose.. but.. not in my lap.. and certainly not on my C...
now... if i still had my jetta.. i'd rocket down some loggin roads.. but.. not the C...

·
Registered
646 Posts

LOOSENUT....My charger is open and I am in the process of buying the bearings and seals and everbody has informed me to get my strips from a tranmission shop so it looks like I may be spending about $30 to rebuild this thing. Boy, what a piece of cake to do though....I'd be kicking myself if I sent it out. Let me know and once your charger is out and we get all your bearing I could have it done in an hour or less.!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts