VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondering if someone could tell me what parts are needed ? i was also thinking about the suspension, rotors, etc... do i need to change the axles or rotros, cause i know there different from the 2.0L when buying springs etc..can anyone clear any of this up ?

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Re: anyone here swapped a VR6 into a 2.0L Jetta 96-99 or know about it (kewlrichie)

It would be much cheaper and easier just to trade your car in and buy a used MKIII Jetta with a VR6....

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: anyone here swapped a VR6 into a 2.0L Jetta 96-99 or know about it (climbingcue)

jesus everyone keeps saying that...hehe i bought the car for 3,000 with 28k miles on it i already 99 jetta III wolfsburg, put exhaust about to fix the sun roof plus i like the car i really just dont wanna sell it, kinda attached to it you know..if you know anything about it this swap please let me know..

how about this ?
Engine wiring, computer, trans, guage cluster, engine mounts, axle shafts, shifter, shift linkage, pedal cluster

Modified by kewlrichie at 4:04 PM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Re: anyone here swapped a VR6 into a 2.0L Jetta 96-99 or know about it (kewlrichie)

Control arms are different (and front sway)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

I'm down dude...
I was in the same boat, VR6 into an 88 Jetta GL, the swap is costing 3 times what the car is worth, am I crazy, yes, do I care, no, I've dumped more money on new parts for that thing that I can remeber, at least 6 grand w/o the swap.
It's my love and my undoing.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: anyone here swapped a VR6 into a 2.0L Jetta 96-99 or know about it (PwrVdubGuy)

bump http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

u would haev to convert to rear disc if they arnt already........isnt that only the GT jettas?

·
Registered
7,484 Posts

talk to theflygtiguy or flygtiguy or however its spelled he can be found floatin around the pac nw forum most likely.... he just had a vr thrown into a 2.0 gti. itd have to be somewhat similar well he didnt do the work but he prolly knows a lot about it. hope that helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts