VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (clubfootedmidget)

Damn, I was camping all weekend. I just got your message, Mason. We tried to come out that night that Northcross got raided, but we got there just as the cops were making everyone leave. Next weekend is out, but I think the weekend after that, I'll be able to catch up with you guys..

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (Zinc)

Yeah, it blew hard, and what's worse is that we (Mason and I) had to put up with all the little but racer cocks that were out there, doing or rather trying to do donuts and drift in the parking lot. Oh well though, there's always next time.

·
Registered
230 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Well we went out there and to our surprise NO dubbers. I don't blame anyone really, the weather sucked. And it is still biting today. Would have been nice though to see someone out there.[HR][/HR]​
-Hey Mason its me O...sorry to leave u out in the cold @ BB w/ no other VW's. Like you said the weather sucked so I just did something else. I should be out this weekend weather pending. What about you??? You down Jamie??? I might also be @ Fudds on Wed as well any way...Laters.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (1.8 Terror)

Jamie and Mason, Sorry I wasn't there on saturday. I had to ran some errand on saturday afternoon. I thought it was gonna be an hour or 2 hour thing, in fact it took me the whole night to finally figured it out.
I should be there (BB) this saturday (weather pending) and listen to your horror story
. Oh will you guys go to the monthly meeting next saturday?.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (BL4CK-VR6)

How about Craig, Edwin, Jamie and I plus 1.8t terrorcome out.. sorry 1.8t but I don't know who you are or which 1.8t you are (Orlando maybe?).... but it could be the five of us parked in the BB lot this weekend. How bout we all meet around 10 pm and exchange phone numbers so that we can keep in contact with each other in case we cannot be around. I would love to see that Black GTi Edwin.. make sure to bring it out. And same for the Corrado... I want to see another Corrado out there.

So what do "yall" say?

I am down, and I know Jamie is down...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

I'm down. I'll be there but it's gonna be late, 10.30pm. The place I work at close at 10.15pm.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (BL4CK-VR6)

Let's do it to it guys!
Sorry...that one was for Mason becuase he loves the cheese.
I definately want to go out on Saturday, as long as there is going to be a good turn out.
Jamie

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (Beastie97)

You Austin guys are a trip. It seems that there is alot of enthusiasm in Austin.....and I KNOW there are some sweet dubs up there. In fact...per capita..Austin has some of the nastier dubs in the Lone Star State...including a 1.8T Corrado, a S/C A2 VR6, an HPA Beetle, and turbo VR6 Gti...just to name a few. But what's really funny is how the Austin guys dont come out to rep their shtye at shows or GTG on a regional or even statewide level. Take the Hot Water Blast for example!!! Over 120 cars show up to this event from as far as Florida...with APR being there..1552 Design being at previous shows....and even EuroTuner magazine being at this year's show...however, not one single A-town dub showed at the event. This is incredible!!!!! Other than Jim from Dieselgeek.....I dont think one Austin dubber showed up. With that in mind......we are having a show in San Antonio that will be very "Austin" friendly so to speak. We've even put http://www.austinvw.com on the flyer. More info at CLICK HERE

·
Registered
359 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (kmveedub)

quote:[HR][/HR]You Austin guys are a trip. It seems that there is alot of enthusiasm in Austin.....and I KNOW there are some sweet dubs up there. In fact...per capita..Austin has some of the nastier dubs in the Lone Star State...including a 1.8T Corrado, a S/C A2 VR6, an HPA Beetle, and turbo VR6 Gti...just to name a few. But what's really funny is how the Austin guys dont come out to rep their shtye at shows or GTG on a regional or even statewide level. Take the Hot Water Blast for example!!! Over 120 cars show up to this event from as far as Florida...with APR being there..1552 Design being at previous shows....and even EuroTuner magazine being at this year's show...however, not one single A-town dub showed at the event. This is incredible!!!!! Other than Jim from Dieselgeek.....I dont think one Austin dubber showed up. With that in mind......we are having a show in San Antonio that will be very "Austin" friendly so to speak. We've even put http://www.austinvw.com</a> on the flyer. More info at <A HREF="http://forums.imolas4.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=485" TARGET="_blank">CLICK HERE[HR][/HR]​
KM, I wouldn't talk like that. I know that the group is hard pressed to get together but I will say this, most of the dub owners in Austin own the 1.8t, which is essentially the new honda to these guys. Their loyalty is not to the brand but to the engine. Their is no pride in owning a VW other than it is different than a Honda and it is still turbocharged and cheaply modified. Kind of like the Old School Subaru Impreza 1.5 RS guys and the New WRX guys. In that respect not much can be expected of the new VW owners, but KM.. we have had large get togethers at Dog and Duck in Austin where at least 8 VW's came out and then the next week even more VW's came out both events I personally invited you to and both events you said you wanted to come out to, along with your friends. And guess who did not show up twice?????? You and your friend with the Turbo Rado. So don't go saying no one comes out. No one might have gone to the houston show, but you come to Bone Daddies on the 20th this month and you will several VW owners and cars.
What Austin lacks are the A2 and A3 vw owners. When I went to bone daddies only one other Corrado was there and only 2 A3 VR6 GTI's showed up. No one respects the A3 GTI VR6 and Jamie has the Nicest one in town, followed by Edwin, but those are the only two we have ever seen in town. We all see the 1.8T's all the time but never any modded A2's or A3's which in my opinion are more enthusiast cars. They don't offer the cheap power the 1.8t has.

I would have liked to have gone out to Houston last weekend but my car is not even legal. So I am not going to travel long distances if I do not have to and my car is nowheres near show quality.
But this weekend there will be at least three dubbers out there between Jamie, Edwin and I. So... there you go.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (VeeDub2.slow)

Clubfoot....this was only the largest all watercooled VW show in the entire southern region of the UNITED STATES!!!!!
Any dub junkie in this state was there. It was also a rain or shine event!!!!! And as far as you not wanting to show your car.....well, I would have gone anyway even if my car was down. Hell...I would hitched a ride, taken a bus, stolen a car, hell.....I woulda walked there if I could have. There were major publications doing photo-ops, not to mention APR was in the house. If you like phat dubs, nice people, and a general family type atmosphere among dub peers....this was the place to be. And one more thing....I know mad A-town dubbers...from 79' Rabbits to 03' Golfs...with all types of motors. Not one of them showed up except for Jim Royston. Hey....you guys loss.
Its all love though mate....we'll be at any A-town event that is put on by the (512) guys. You can go to http://www.dubspeedracing.com to find out about events going down in the Lone Star state. Click on forums and register. You will automatically be registered for a $250 shopping spree at 1552 Designs when you do... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (kmveedub)

Sorry to disapoint you there knveedub. Speaking for my self I'm not usually into the whole "show" scene. I have nothing cosmetic wise besides my OEM blue & white VW badges and my exhaust which has the two tips that stick out the back. I seriously doubt it would win any award. The only show I've been in was last week when there was a Beetle cruise down through the city of Georgetown. "Beetle" being the only reason I went. But like I said I'm not into the ''show" scene, but give me an event that will have a 1/4 mile track involved in it and I will do my damn best to make it there.
In other words that's what "I'm" mostly about...racing. By the way Mason...this is Orlando...oh and Jamie I hit a new time last night @ RCR w/ a 14.63. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif From 14.66 to .63...lol. Oh well atleast it's something. Anyway kmveedub come up to Austin one weekend and we'll all hang. Honduh Killas!!! -O-

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (Beastie97)

quote:[HR][/HR]hopefully we will all have a chance to kill some Honda's at the track, or on the street, whatever.[HR][/HR]​
Well like I was saying...we all should plan to go out to the track on Wednesday the 24th or Friday the 26th. Which ever date or night is more easy for you all. Wednesdays are good because there isn't alot of people there & you can get more runs in, but Fridays there is more competition...hehe. Now that I think about it Friday is best for me because I'm off on Fridays so we can leave at an early time. Let me know what you all think. -O

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re: Anyone in Austin? (1.8 Terror)

Yeah, Friday would be good, and we went on a Friday last time and I got in more than a dozen runs, so it shouldn't be any problem. I am trying to get Daria (my girlfriend) to go with me as well, and since she has lots of school work to do, Friday would probably be better for her. I'm a gonna kill me some hondas! woo-hoo!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts