VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been threads on doing this yourself, and at another place and time in my life I would have attempted to do it myself, but that would've been on a car with nicely exposed frame rails, a heavy duty drill and big bolts! I don't really have the desire anymore to tackle this job even though it's been well documented here - at least if the the dealer breaks the taillight it won't come out of my pocket, and the install will be warranted.
So, if you've had the factory hitch installed properly by a Denver-area dealer, I'd like to hear which one and how much.
Thanks.

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: Anyone in Metro Denver have factory hitch installed properly at a dealer? (liv2ryd)

To put it briefly, NO. Cracked tail light, wrong control module -- 7L0907 383C; should be 7L0907 383E, wrong software. Don't have to tow until spring, so I have put it off.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyone in Metro Denver have factory hitch installed properly at a dealer? (DenverBill)

Quote, originally posted by DenverBill »
To put it briefly, NO. Cracked tail light, wrong control module -- 7L0907 383C; should be 7L0907 383E, wrong software. Don't have to tow until spring, so I have put it off.

And which of our wonderful local dealers was responsible for THAT mess?

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Anyone in Metro Denver have factory hitch installed properly at a dealer? (DenverBill)

Quote, originally posted by DenverBill »
It was a dealer in the grand republic of enlightenment and non-growth, and will mercifully remain unnamed.

Ok, got that one figured out. Don't need to drive up there to have someone screw up the job, there are plenty closer to me that can screw it up too!

· Registered
902 Posts
Re: Anyone in Metro Denver have factory hitch installed properly at a dealer? (liv2ryd)

I have seen 2 go one here, both without a "hitch". Please forgive the pun.
No idea on price, both were built into the car deals.
Mcdonald Automotive Group
303-795-1100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.