VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing a 2012 VW Jetta via private sale in Milford, NJ for my daughter. It is exactly what she is looking for, but we're 6.5 hours away in Maine. Does anyone have the knowledge, experience & time to thoroughly look at it for me as if you were looking for a first car for your daughter? If so, please message me directly.

I'll cross post if I don't get any valid responses here.

Thanks you
Eric

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm considering purchasing a 2012 VW Jetta via private sale in Milford, NJ for my daughter. It is exactly what she is looking for, but we're 6.5 hours away in Maine. Does anyone have the knowledge, experience & time to thoroughly look at it for me as if you were looking for a first car for your daughter? If so, please message me directly.

Thanks you
Eric
Eric,

I'm about 55 min. drive from Milford. My auto body guy is in Alpha which is 10 mins. from there. Unfortunately I don't have time to check it out because I'm a school bus driver and I'm driving 1500 miles a week.

Maybe you and your daughter could drive down on a weekend and check it out. Or is that not possible? If I can think of someone who can help you out I'll let you know. My neighbor is a European car mechanic 45 years and I've been working, racing, fixing cars about 43 years myself. Been a German car guy for 20 years and I have a 1995 Jetta that's completely restored/tuned.

Why don't you and your daughter make a weekend trip out of it? Leave Saturday and head back Sunday? Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
845 Posts

Thanks you
Eric
Eric:

This is my 95 Jetta.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric,

I'm about 55 min. drive from Milford. My auto body guy is in Alpha which is 10 mins. from there. Unfortunately I don't have time to check it out because I'm a school bus driver and I'm driving 1500 miles a week.

Maybe you and your daughter could drive down on a weekend and check it out. Or is that not possible? If I can think of someone who can help you out I'll let you know. My neighbor is a European car mechanic 45 years and I've been working, racing, fixing cars about 43 years myself. Been a German car guy for 20 years and I have a 1995 Jetta that's completely restored/tuned.

Why don't you and your daughter make a weekend trip out of it? Leave Saturday and head back Sunday? Just a suggestion.
I appreciate the reply, and very much appreciate that you're a school bus driver. My wife and I have 4 kids, with 3 still in the public school system and some schools here have to close because of not enough bus drivers to get the kids to/from school, so thank you.

I would make the drive down to buy it and drive it home, I just didn't want to waste the time/money (gas, tolls, food, lodging) if it wasn't in good enough condition for us.

I've always had VW/Audi's from 1988 to 2018. I traded in my 2001 Audi A4 1.8TQM for a truck that can carry all 6 of us when we got our first home and kid #4 in 2018. I missed my Audi within a week of driving the truck and still do. Our oldest daughter, just turned 19 years old has been saving her money for a car and she really likes VW/Audi's so she's decided she wants a Jetta. She really wanted my Audi and I probably should have kept it for her, but it would have sat around for 3+ years. I'm almost as excited as she is to get another VW/Audi.

Looks like you've done some work to your Jetta and kept it in good shape. Nice work.

Eric

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did it go? Did you get a good deal?

Before buying a used vehicle, You can also run an online VIN check that provides you with detailed history of any vehicle.

This will ensure that you are not buying a damaged car or a car with defects

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately I didn't go down. I didn't feel it was worth taking the chance to drive all that way not knowing the condition. I am familiar with VIN checks online, I use vincheck.info and you can even run it from a license plate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts