VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,220 Posts
I've wondered about this, too. Jeep has done well with the less-expensive Liberty/Renegade/Compass because of #Jeeplife

AIs #BroncoLife strong enough at this point to support another model?
Jeep sells so many soft roaders. I see no reason why the Bronco Sport won't be a sales success.

·
Registered
44,639 Posts
So you want to shake off the image of a hairdresser's car by posting a pic of a hairdresser's car at a not-a-race, race, where men are prohibited from competing? :D As a gladiator owner, make no mistake-- I will be passive-aggressively calling these hairdresser cars within earshot of the owners. It will happen. You can't will it away. A miata is a miata is a miata. This is a real vehicle in a real race-- the lady's edition Bronco wouldn't make it here, but I suspect a Bronco might.
So what you're saying is that you're a condescending douchebag?

·
Registered
38,971 Posts
So you want to shake off the image of a hairdresser's car by posting a pic of a hairdresser's car at a not-a-race, race, where men are prohibited from competing? :D As a gladiator owner, make no mistake-- I will be passive-aggressively calling these hairdresser cars within earshot of the owners. It will happen. You can't will it away. A miata is a miata is a miata. This is a real vehicle in a real race-- the lady's edition Bronco wouldn't make it here, but I suspect a Bronco might.

·
Registered
19,736 Posts
Yeah, that two door with the rear tire actually looks kind of cool to me, though I did own a 2-door Trooper back in the day.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,012 Posts

·
Registered
83,190 Posts

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,327 Posts
I saw one of these on the road yesterday. Not bad...smaller than I expected. Very similar in look to the Jeep Compass IMO.

I had no idea they were in the dealerships yet.

·
Registered
9,049 Posts
Don't hate the Bronco Sport too much, it's partly responsible for us getting the Bronco in the first place. It's cheaper to build and Ford will profit more on the Sport than on the Bronco. If that keeps the Bronco alive and well, then by all means, I hope they sell a bunch of them.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I'm thinking the Bronco Sport's pricing and available 250 hp motor will help enable it to avoid the crappy reputations that the Renegade and Compass have (and Patriot had).

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,220 Posts
I saw one on the road about a week ago, it was coming towards me going the opposite direction but the grill is very distinctive, couldn't miss it.

Given how many Cherokees I see around here, many of the Trailhawk variety, I expect it to be a big seller (northern New England).

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,327 Posts
They definitely have a distinctive look. I saw another on the road yesterday all loaded up with outdoor gear headed north.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts