VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I replaced my voltmeter from orginal position to another place along with 4 other gauges, I got a hole in my dash next to ash-tray.
So I decided to make a A/F gauge with one of those diagrams from the web, but to make orginal possible like VDO gauges I needed a round one, thus I already made a gauge plate for later when its finished so I can print it out and use it on the gauge.
I made a animated picture of it to show how it will look:

You need to imagine, those dots burning around are the 3mm leds, I am not sure how the gauge acts, becouse I didnt see one in action yet.
Thus all I like to know is, is there enough people who like to have a step by step guide for this gauge?, so I'll take pictures on every step and make a guide of it with my busted a$$ English

Oh! its very cheap btw! and making the guide will take time. I don't have that much time over lately...

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Re: Anyone intrested in a selfmade A/F Ratio gauge guide? (-=SpAwN=-)

That'd be cool, I was thinking of buying one.. but if I can make one for cheap, then I'm all for it !! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
Re: Anyone intrested in a selfmade A/F Ratio gauge guide? (-=SpAwN=-)

I made one for myself last year, it's rectangle to fit in place of the ash tray. Yours look alot cooler though, nice job http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Anyone intrested in a selfmade A/F Ratio gauge guide? (ABA Scirocco)

I didnt make the meter yet, its only the gauge face I made with photoshop.
The gauge will be round but not exactlly as above, there for i need an old gauge. You will see when its finnished

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: Anyone intrested in a selfmade A/F Ratio gauge guide? (planb)

another a/f kit
jaycar.com.au kit #KC5300
If your talking about the plans on sale on ebay, you need a programed 'PIC' to make it work.
This kit comes with everything included, just need a solder iron and solder. I got the a/f that I haven't hooked up yet, and the digital tach(KC5290) that's working great.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anyone intrested in a selfmade A/F Ratio gauge guide? (ABA Scirocco)

The one i'll make is also with LM3914N Voltage Regulator.
bitchin'corrado we are not talking about buying one, but making one and that is much more fun
and besides I need one that match my VDO gauges

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Anyone intrested in a selfmade A/F Ratio gauge guide? (Dashiva)

Update:

Gauge face is done, i decided to make a color bar instead of Led's but i did make one with leds to show you guys, behind that color bar above will be also leds but you will see them only when its on and there will be a great backlight after gauge plate if it works
The round thing around the gauge face will be painted in black, this was the difficult part, the electronic part will be easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts