VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about the APR upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines?

I was talking to someone recently (can't remember who) about APR coming out with programs optimized for 93 octane gas. Whats the info on this?
Also I heard that the APR software was going through a redesign for the AWW engine code. Supposedly there wasn't a difference in the software, the additional power gains were just from the upgraded turbo. He said that they were going to write a code specific to the different turbo on the AWW

[Modified by H20Power, 11:28 PM 12-10-2001]

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (Blade)

Do you have any idea what gains are to be made with it?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (H20Power)

Great! Driving down to get mine weekend after next (Dec. 7)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (jhirsche)

I just talked to Chris and he said that they had finished the 93 octane optimized program for the AWP engines and were working on the AWW then AWD engine codes.
He didn't provide any specific hp gains but said that there def. was a difference between the 91 octane program and the 93 octance program http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (H20Power)

quote:[HR][/HR]
He didn't provide any specific hp gains but said that there def. was a difference between the 91 octane program and the 93 octance program http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Just out of curiosity, am i running on the 91 octane program?
Drew

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (Silver_1.8T)

Drew,
You have the 91-93 octane program.
Chris said that it (the current program) is optimized to run between 91-93 octane. They had to do that because in CA and other western states it is hard to get over 91 octane gas. The 93 oct. program will just be a little more aggressive for people who live in areas with higher octane levels and who will only put high octane gas in their cars.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (jhirsche)

jhirsche: I noticed in another post that you were going to check on any holiday discounts from APR. Did you get a chance to talk to them? I emailed them about 2 weeks ago regarding the new AWW program and any possible discounts for the holidays. I haven't heard back yet (which is frustrating).

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (einsig)

Yeah, I called them a couple of days ago and spoke with Mitchell, I think. I didn't get a definite answer on price, but my inquiry was regarding the possibility of a Saturday installation. He say he didn't know about that either; it may be a possibility if someone wants to come and do it. Sorry this doesn't help.
I think I'm going to call them next week before I go down, and get more info.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

Hey john that was me runing my mouth at NGP when we tradded wheels
.The BBS's are nice but i need to get some 225-50's on them.How dou you like your suspension?I cant wait for this APR revision

quote:[HR][/HR]I was talking to someone recently (can't remember who) about APR coming out with programs optimized for 93 octane gas. Whats the info on this?
Also I heard that the APR software was going through a redesign for the AWW engine code. Supposedly there wasn't a difference in the software, the additional power gains were just from the upgraded turbo. He said that they were going to write a code specific to the different turbo on the AWW
[HR][/HR]​

[Modified by 20VsilvrGTI, 1:19 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (20VsilvrGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey john that was me runing my mouth at NGP when we tradded wheels
.The BBS's are nice but i need to get some 225-50's on them.How dou you like your suspension?I cant wait for this APR revision

I remember now, I didn't want to quote someone wrongly. I love the suspension, tight but not bouncy or hard. It is a very controlled ride...poor man's coilovers.
I love the way the Monte Carlo's look on the car, I will email you a pic when I get a chance. The only thing is that the tires seem to have a less grip in any kind of damp condition. I don't know if this is because they are wider or becsause they are a higher speed rating and are kind of hard in the cold (cool) weather.
I am starting to look now for some new tires....doesn't really need it now but I figure I might as well keep my ear to the ground for a good deal. Also I think the 225 might be too wide for the BBS rim, but I am not sure. If you hear anything from APR let me know.
John
[Modified by 20VsilvrGTI, 1:19 PM 11-29-2001][HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
923 Posts

That sucks that it's hard for some of you guys to find over 91 octane. I put 93 in everytime I fill up. Every Sunoco station around here even sells 94.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (hood)

I can feel the difference between 91 and 94 octane gas, it is noticeable since the chip is designed to take advantage of the octane. Stock mode should yeild no difference.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (dommerdog)

So, if i have the current APR program would it be best to fill up with 91 instead of 93 (as I normally do)? Does it even matter?
Yea, can't wait to send in my ecu for the optimized program.
happy holidays

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (GTeeEYE)

I would continue to fill up with 93 octane hun
Cal would say it is the beesst gss in touwn. Just joking, I saw the way you spelled baltimmre.
Seriously I think since the program is set up for 91-93 octane that you might as well fill up with the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

I have ridden in a revised 00 A4, power is smoother and pulls longer, you can notice the difference, but remember, it won't feel like you have been chipped again.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (Blade)

cool, keep us updated when the program is out http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (WOB_GTI)

Anymore info on the upgrade? has anyone gotten it in thier 1.8T AWW yet?
Curious!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (GTeeEYE)

This might be a stupid question, but what if you get the 93 octane program and are stuck to use a lesser octane due to availability? In Toronto we have 94 everywhere but when I go North sometimes I haven't seen much of it, would the car just not be as quick or would it run like crap. I've heard the 1.8T runs really poorly on less than the reccomended 91.

·
Registered
M340i xDrive
9,131 Posts
Re: Anyone know about the ARP upgrade for 92/93 octane or for AWW engines? (Dirtydog)

It would retard the timing back and not be as fast...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts