VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (AlbqG60)

Technically, its not an "inter cooler" you're after, its an "After Cooler" that you want. The "inter cooler" usually goes inbetween 2 inductors(charger), on a sequensial charger setup.
Yeah, yeah, I know... you guys are thinking "Who Care's Book Worm Joe!"... ahhhh... go and bit a honda!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (mack73)

Here it is:

It looks familiar to me... dunno where I've seen it before though, real life or a mag. It's a Jetta, right?

[Modified by rollo, 5:19 PM 4-12-2002]

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (Iceman666)

its a stock/factory VW part off diesels and rally golfs i believe. not sure if they were exclusive to "euro only", but they can be had if you search long enough.
There is a G60 forum, you would get more help there

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (Iceman666)

i member when i got this pic a while ago, two peeps talking bout it not fitting in perfect, then someone else had just got the same thing and he said it fit perfect?? im clue less, but i think its awesome!!!
oh yeah, i got it from here like a couple months ago, so its been on the vortex for sures before.

·
Registered
10,209 Posts

its designed for an A2, and A2 rad support if you can see where it mounts.
thats why there may be issues when trying to make it fit in a rado

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (BLUE NRG)

Is that a Air-to-water IC? I would hope so.

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (Non_Affiliated)

no its not an air to water
EDIT: also that pic is of a G60 gti, green/silver it can be seen at any of the east coast shows like waterfest and h20.

[Modified by BLUE NRG, 9:40 PM 4-12-2002]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (MK2_Jetta)

does vw motorsport have a web page? (proly a nobrainer question, but any who)
THANKS FOR THE HELP U GUYS http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,313 Posts

Good luck finding one of those setups...VW Motorsport stopped making them about 3 years ago. Last time I checked on one the seller was asking $1500

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (BrewDude)

these intercoolers ARE NOT VWMS intercoolers. they are off the golf GTD which is a Turbo Diesel GTI sold strictly to europe. they come in 4dr configurations as well.
i'm not sure if these came on the GolfG60 but it seems entirely possible.
my cousins have a couple of these cars in europe, and i'd be more than willing to take some pictures and measurements/part numbers etc when i visit them this year.
-danny

·
Registered
373 Posts
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (CageyBee)

These intercoolers came on Golf G6os with air-conditioning,these are different to the ones on diesel Golfs,and are definately not VW Motorsport ones.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Re: anyone know what inter cooler/ charge cooler this may be? (JoeBoxerVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Technically, its not an "inter cooler" you're after, its an "After Cooler" that you want. The "inter cooler" usually goes inbetween 2 inductors(charger), on a sequensial charger setup.
Yeah, yeah, I know... you guys are thinking "Who Care's Book Worm Joe!"... ahhhh... go and bit a honda!
[HR][/HR]​
Technically it IS an intercooler. The def of intercooler is:
in·ter·cool·er [íntr klr ] (plural in·ter·cool·ers) noun
device for cooling fluids: a heat exchanger that cools a fluid between successive stages of compression or chemical reaction
Intercoolers are placed between turbos or SCs and the engine. Engines are nothing more than compressors in which a chemical reaction takes place during combustion. Intercooler is the correct word.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.